The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

382 must be long time since there's been a winner.
Original post by spotify95
384 (voiding spam post that will be removed)

@zaback21 I know right, there was a series of about 5 threads whereby the girls were constantly winning - for the last 2 months or so this thread has now completely died and we're lucky to get a handful of posts per day.

Don't know whether we should continue, tag in old timers, or just declare the end of the series one day. It'd be a shame for this to end, as I remember joining up to TSR about 3.5 years ago and we were on P10 and whizzing through the thread.

Well there was a time when GvB was like this. Then we started playing and it got popular again. I am sure there will be people who will play this game again in future and it will be like old times. For now, if you can continue , keep making new board(s) when this finishes, and keep it alive for future. Anyway, great seeing you !

392 - checked and corrected
(edited 7 years ago)
(going from corrected number)

Original post by zaback21
Well there was a time when GvB was like this. Then we started playing and it got popular again. I am sure there will be people who will play this game again in future and it will be like old times. For now, if you can continue , keep making new board(s) when this finishes, and keep it alive for future. Anyway, great seeing you !

Maybe I was joining and posting when it was popular then :smile: as I don't remember it being this quiet before.
Yep, I'll definitely keep it going then, who knows maybe when I leave TSR (not yet though) other people can take it on. Only thing I've struggled with is the leaderboards, how did you manage to do the Top 10 Overall Leaderboards (without going back through 26 thread parts to get the whoposted data)?

Good to see you and it's be good to see you popping in every so often :smile:
P.S. CTAM is also going OK (I remember us discussing it a while back), now at 140k posts :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

(going from corrected number)

Maybe I was joining and posting when it was popular then :smile: as I don't remember it being this quiet before.
Yep, I'll definitely keep it going then, who knows maybe when I leave TSR (not yet though) other people can take it on. Only thing I've struggled with is the leaderboards, how did you manage to do the Top 10 Overall Leaderboards (without going back through 26 thread parts to get the whoposted data)?

Well I had to search on whoposted data how many and put on excel to come up with the leaderboard. It's all done manually but it's not so difficult as you only need to enter 10-15 people every board.

Good to see you and it's be good to see you popping in every so often :smile:
P.S. CTAM is also going OK (I remember us discussing it a while back), now at 140k posts :smile:

Yes, I saw. 141K post last time. Good going. Maybe in 2-3 years, you will hit a million.

Well I had to search on whoposted data how many and put on excel to come up with the leaderboard. It's all done manually but it's not so difficult as you only need to enter 10-15 people every board.

Yes, I saw. 141K post last time. Good going. Maybe in 2-3 years, you will hit a million.

Omg I have not seen you here in ages :eek:

Thanks for the info and advice on that - so it looks like using the whoposted data for the last 26 threads is a good idea. I also feel it might be better to copy more than the top 10 (or so) from each because the top 10 overall may change from time to time and a person who posted lots in one thread may be outside the top 10 on another thread in the series?

CTAM is doing well, but like GvB, it has also seen a massive decline in posts. We've also had a PBU issue for the last year and a half (one person who got banned for multiple account abuse isn't intending to leave TSR anytime soon and has been disrupting us with account after account), which is extremely irritating.

Original post by cupcakes87

I haven't seen you around in ages either! I remember when we used to be top counters/posters both here and CTAM! :eek:
Original post by cupcakes87

Ha ha I know. I think it's more than 2 years. I joined TSR before I started uni in UK. Now it's almost 1.5 year since I graduated. Long time !

Good to see you are still here. Are you in uni, going to uni or graduated ?

Thanks for the info and advice on that - so it looks like using the whoposted data for the last 26 threads is a good idea. I also feel it might be better to copy more than the top 10 (or so) from each because the top 10 overall may change from time to time and a person who posted lots in one thread may be outside the top 10 on another thread in the series?

CTAM is doing well, but like GvB, it has also seen a massive decline in posts. We've also had a PBU issue for the last year and a half (one person who got banned for multiple account abuse isn't intending to leave TSR anytime soon and has been disrupting us with account after account), which is extremely irritating.

That is correct. The places from top 7 to top 15 is usually very close and they change often. Hence, I would collect those info and update them on my excel sheet - I have attached it so you and others can use it and keep this going. It doesn't take a lot of time, I mean entering 15 numbers every 2-3 month once is not a lot of hassle, it's just taking the responsibility to do so. You seem to be doing that for a long time especially since you are the Father of Forum Games :biggrin:

I also feel it might be better to copy more than the top 10 (or so) from each because the top 10 overall may change from time to time and a person who posted lots in one thread may be outside the top 10 on another thread in the series?

I also attached the TSR MK Lists-Old.xlsx to show you that I used to collect top 25 or so, but then it became redundant as some of them would leave the game. So, I shortened my Excel entry. Plus after 20+ GvB thread, the top 15 remains stable so no point collecting 25 players info.

You can always tell when a new player joins the game and suddenly hits 2500+ for 3 boards, he/she should be in top 10 (like trubadur, AmyD111, Muttley79, etc), so you can enter them in the excel easily to give them the spot.

One suggestion would be to maybe stop posting All-time Top 10 Posters individual board post count for every thread screenshot in 1st page as screenshot of 26 column excel sheet makes it difficult to even see anything. Unless TSR Forum board allows zooming it out or bigger pop-up or such, attaching the excel and jpeg screenshot - both of them maybe a better idea as then others can continue it to the next board in future.

I would still suggest keeping the All-time Top 10 Posters Total Count though as it shows the Top Players who Posted Most and gives inspiration to the new players to break those records so they can have their name in that.
(edited 7 years ago)

396 :smile:
Original post by ThatsAGoodOne349
396 :smile:

Awesome stuff, we could really do with some help here :smile:

Awesome stuff, we could really do with some help here :smile:

400 help is granted,
4/10 there :smile:

Latest