Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I think something is wrong with my appendix watch

ReputationRep:
    Like, maybe i have appendicitis or something. Seriously, i'm scared! I know it can be fatal. I'm having like a knotted feeling, almost like i need to go number 2 (i don't, by the way) on my left side down near my bellybutton, it comes almost in waves, hurts more when i stand up and strech, i've had it since i got up, i seem to be having (this is embarrassing) a bit of, you know, gas, and yeah. Just please give me a straight answer. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    sounds like gas tbh

ReputationRep:
    Appendix is on the other side!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    Oh.... worrying 'bout nothing then. I do think somthing is wrong with my stomach tho - it's worse then a stomach ache.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egirl127)
    Oh.... worrying 'bout nothing then. I do think somthing is wrong with my stomach tho - it's worse then a stomach ache.
    If it was your appendix you wouldn't be able to work it wi that painful.

The pain travels from the top of your right leg to the left and vice-versa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    Can grow in different places. Happened to my sister when she had appendicitis and they couldn't find it when operating

ReputationRep:
    Like, maybe i have appendicitis or something. Seriously, i'm scared! I know it can be fatal. I'm having like a knotted feeling, almost like i need to go number 2 (i don't, by the way) on my left side down near my bellybutton, it comes almost in waves, hurts more when i stand up and strech, i've had it since i got up, i seem to be having (this is embarrassing) a bit of, you know, gas, and yeah. Just please give me a straight answer. Thank you!
    You could have IBS, which isn't anything serious. Try see a doctor about the pain

ReputationRep:
    yh about a month ago i thought there was something wrong with my appendix but

it was just the usual sports injury, not stretching

i dont think it sounds tht serious tho, i dont think theres something wrong with ur appendix
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by ozmo19)
    You could have IBS, which isn't anything serious. Try see a doctor about the pain
    Beat me to it!

Better to be safe than sorry OP! See if you can see your GP

ReputationRep:
    How long has it been like that for?

Bare in mind chance of a correct differential diagnosis on here from, most likely, non-medical students is probably low. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozmo19)
    Can grow in different places. Happened to my sister when she had appendicitis and they couldn't find it when operating
    Interesting!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.