Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I was quite shy when I was younger but came out of my shell and gained confidence as I got older. I was able to speak to lots of different people without being nervous. I met a guy a couple of years ago who at first I did not fancy and I was very confident in comparison to him whilst we were talking. As time has gone on, I fell for him to which it got to a really bad point where I would blank him because looking at him or the thought of talking would make me feel sick with nerves.

The problem is he thinks I lost interest in him as I appeared ignorant because my nerves took over. He disappeared off the scene but still added me on Facebook. Mutual friends have said he still likes me but is hesitant to approach as he doesn't want rejection. I even watched a film the other day and sobbed as it reminded me of losing him which I would like to have been but my anxiety has gotten the better of me.

I hate having him on Facebook as it reminds me of my missed chance. Does anyone know how I can rebuild my life and confidence so that when I meet someone again it does not go wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I was quite shy when I was younger but came out of my shell and gained confidence as I got older. I was able to speak to lots of different people without being nervous. I met a guy a couple of years ago who at first I did not fancy and I was very confident in comparison to him whilst we were talking. As time has gone on, I fell for him to which it got to a really bad point where I would blank him because looking at him or the thought of talking would make me feel sick with nerves.

The problem is he thinks I lost interest in him as I appeared ignorant because my nerves took over. He disappeared off the scene but still added me on Facebook. Mutual friends have said he still likes me but is hesitant to approach as he doesn't want rejection. I even watched a film the other day and sobbed as it reminded me of losing him which I would like to have been but my anxiety has gotten the better of me.

I hate having him on Facebook as it reminds me of my missed chance. Does anyone know how I can rebuild my life and confidence so that when I meet someone again it does not go wrong.
    Can't you talk to this guy you like on Facebook? I don't think you will get your confidence back until you talk to this guy. It is the only way.

I'm confused...if it's obvious that you both like eachother then why hold back? Just go for it, you'll regret not giving yourselves a shot together. Explain what happened, it's a lot better to just say how you feel then to hold it in because it just eats at you. Trust me...I've had experience.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really get it either. It seems to me that you still like him. And you think he still likes you too.

If he did something that you can't forgive then delete him and block him on FB, you won't see him there anymore. If he didn't then why don't you just talk to him and even tell him you still like him?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.