Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't masturbate and when my boyfriend fingered me it really really hurt...
    This got me worried about when we do have sex, how much will it hurt? Can I/we do anything before then to reduce the pain..?

ReputationRep:
    It will hurt a bit as you aren't used to having something like that inside of you. Make sure you're emotionally ready and that you're turned on and horny, as this makes the canal wider and wetter, reducing pain. Also take it slowly and ask him to be gentle so that you can get used to the feeling.

(Original post by georgiaswift)
    It will hurt a bit as you aren't used to having something like that inside of you. Make sure you're emotionally ready and that you're turned on and horny, as this makes the canal wider and wetter, reducing pain. Also take it slowly and ask him to be gentle so that you can get used to the feeling.
    Thank you for the advice I've asked him about it and he's very understanding, he said he'd wait until I'm ready

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thank you for the advice I've asked him about it and he's very understanding, he said he'd wait until I'm ready
    You're very welcome that's excellent, having a boyfriend who's willing to wait shows that he cares about and respects you. It will make your first time a lot easier if he cares about you and is gentle and slow, believe me.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Good advice.

The other things that will help are taking things gradually - being able to take a finger inside before trying a penis, for example, lube, being in charge of what goes in you how far and how fast, and lube.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.