Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I am currently studying Psychology, Biology and PE at A Level. I would like to apply to a Russell Group Uni to study Psychology - Have I ruined my chances by taking PE?

ReputationRep:
    No, you haven't ruined your chances. Most unis (including Russell Group unis) only require one or two science A Levels for psychology, which biology and psychology would cover

ReputationRep:
    Thank you 👍
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Not really. I took health and social care AS and got into UCL, Durham, RHUL and interview at Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    Plus I wouldn't be unduly worried if you didn't get into a Russell Group university

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Not really. I took health and social care AS and got into UCL, Durham, RHUL and interview at Oxford.
    Thank you... Do u mind me asking what other A levels you took and Uni you choose in the end?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by tsljan29)
    Thank you... Do u mind me asking what other A levels you took and Uni you choose in the end?
    Psychology, Sociology and Philosophy and Ethics

Went to UCL in the end and loved it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Psychology, Sociology and Philosophy and Ethics

Went to UCL in the end and loved it
    Thank you.. Did you do any volunteering work at all? What extra things did you do to put on yr PS? (Hope u don't mind me asking all these questions!)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Thank you.. Did you do any volunteering work at all? What extra things did you do to put on yr PS? (Hope u don't mind me asking all these questions!)
    I did some work experience in a psych hospital

But for PS the real thing to add is your reading around the subject. For me that was online uni lectures, EPQ, essay competition and some books

ReputationRep:
    I've just done the Cambridge Essay Competition funnily enough.. I've started an online course and noticed that the UCL have Psychology workshops running the summer but they haven't released dates yet but I'm hoping to book those..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I've just done the Cambridge Essay Competition funnily enough.. I've started an online course and noticed that the UCL have Psychology workshops running the summer but they haven't released dates yet but I'm hoping to book those..
    All sound really positive

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.