Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am thinking about firming Nottingham but I just wanted to hear current students thoughts on the uni and what they thought was the best and worst things about it. I am applying for Physics

ReputationRep:
    Best:
    - Excellent facilities (yet the University continues to invest heavily)
    - Really strong reputation among employers (top companies have a strong presence in every job/career fair I have paid attention to)
    - Huge variety in terms of societies
    - Beautiful campuses
    - I have had a very good academic experience so far

Worst:
    - Catered food is inconsistent (some days absolutely delicious, others too spicy)
    - Uneven distribution of international students between halls (some halls have a lot more international students than others)
    - Sports facilities can become a bit over-crowded atm (on Jubilee campus) but hopefully this will improve once they finish the construction of the David Ross Sports Village
    - Sometimes there are too many people for the coach buses (especially in the end of the day) so some people will not be able to get on board for the first one and have to wait for another one

That's it for now, really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broscientist)
    Best:
    - Excellent facilities (yet the University continues to invest heavily)
    - Really strong reputation among employers (top companies have a strong presence in every job/career fair I have paid attention to)
    - Huge variety in terms of societies
    - Beautiful campuses
    - I have had a very good academic experience so far

Worst:
    - Catered food is inconsistent (some days absolutely delicious, others too spicy)
    - Uneven distribution of international students between halls (some halls have a lot more international students than others)
    - Sports facilities can become a bit over-crowded atm (on Jubilee campus) but hopefully this will improve once they finish the construction of the David Ross Sports Village
    - Sometimes there are too many people for the coach buses (especially in the end of the day) so some people will not be able to get on board for the first one and have to wait for another one

That's it for now, really.
    Thanks! Sounds very nice. What course are you taking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLonerMoaner)
    Thanks! Sounds very nice. What course are you taking?
    Computer Science (first year).

ReputationRep:
    I love spicy food, not bothered about international students, won't be on Jubilee Campus and not too fussed about waiting for another bus (living in london it happens often anyway )

So basically there all the 'worst things' aren't even a problem for me brilliant

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.