Sikhs: Would you marry a Muslim? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Like my thread said before. I'm a Sikh guy and I'm going to ask a Muslim girl.

Just wondering if any other Sikhs would be open to do the same. Just wondering.
Shiv Loves Maths
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Just go for it, it's not like your marrying them 😂
Butternuts96
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Muslims ain't allowed to marry Sikhs, lol.
Shadez
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/54326726.jpg
Anonymous #1
Well why the hell not?
Shadez
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well why the hell not?
It just will not end well for you
fire_and_ice
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Good luck with that, bro. Depends on her family, but most Muslims aren't allowed to marry those outside of their religion (which I personally think of a being quite a shame since essentially, we hold belief in what can be argued as being the same God).
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by fire_and_ice)
Good luck with that, bro. Depends on her family, but most Muslims aren't allowed to marry those outside of their religion (which I personally think of a being quite a shame since essentially, we hold belief in what can be argued as being the same God).
Why would you wish goodluck to someone attempting to invite a Muslim to zina 0_o Do you want the girl to commit major sins and go to hell?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
Well why the hell not?
Everyone already answered why not on your other thread. You ask for advice and then just ignore everyone that says don't do it
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Shadez)
It just will not end well for you
How do you know that?
Butternuts96
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nah bro. It ain't one rule for these muslims and another rule for other muslims. One rule for all; no muslim can marry a sikh/hindu.
fire_and_ice
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Butternuts96)
Nah bro. It ain't one rule for these muslims and another rule for other muslims. One rule for all; no muslim can marry a sikh/hindu.
It's a rule, but not necessarily followed by all. I know a Muslim that got married to a Hindu. Look at Shahrukh Khan.
Anonymous #1
I am asking for the opinion from Sikhs, not Muslims.
fire_and_ice
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why would you wish goodluck to someone attempting to invite a Muslim to zina 0_o Do you want the girl to commit major sins and go to hell?
It was sarcasm, considering how low the probability is that he will succeed in persuading her/her family.

Anyway, under what authority are you to say she will go to hell?
BrokenLife
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's a rule, but not necessarily followed by all. I know a Muslim that got married to a Hindu. Look at Shahrukh Khan.
The Islamic rule doesn't allow Muslim women to marry outside Islam but some do. I even know a man who married a Hindu lady.
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Muslims ain't allowed to marry Sikhs, lol.
Sikhs aren't allowed to marry muslims either...atleast that was I was told.

Anyway OP, I don't consider myself a Sikh but my parents are, I'm mostly an atheist but I would say no anyway because I don't really think I'm fond of marrying a Theist/Diest.

Agnostic/Atheist definitly.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
Those who marry hindus are committing zina, the rule is there for all but these guys have broken it.

Shahrukh Khan ain't a good example of a good Muslim, he puts the Qur'an next to hindu idols and participates in shirk along with his family. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns_Lc1jaWak
cupcakes87
Badges: 18
Report 2 years ago
Nope
Anonymous #1
(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
Sikhs aren't allowed to marry muslims either...atleast that was I was told.

Anyway OP, I don't consider myself a Sikh but my parents are, I'm mostly an atheist but I would say no anyway because I don't really think I'm fond of marrying a Theist/Diest.

agnostic/Atheist definitly.
Actually our holy scripture doesn't mention anything about us not being allowed to marry Muslims, or any non-Sikhs.

Who told you that anyway?
fire_and_ice
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by BrokenLife)
The Islamic rule doesn't allow Muslim women to marry outside Islam but some do. I even know a man who married a Hindu lady.
Yes, I know. What I mean is that some people, despite knowing the rules, do not practise/follow the rules (like me, ashamedly or unashamedly, depending on the situation). I personally don't see the issue with marrying a non-Muslim, monotheistic person since essentially (I believe), the person believes in the same God but follows a different path to connect with God.

I know most Muslims don't hold the same view, like my parents, but it depends on the subjects point of view.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (866)
80.11%
Leave (215)
19.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed