What GCSEs do I need to go to Cambridge/Oxford Watch

dotstam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
hi
I am preparing for GCSEs and I'm not sure what subjects I'll need. I want to pursue a career in medicine and dream of going to an elite university. I am doing the ebacc pathway, but will I need to do computer science? Is it an essential subject?
BinyQuan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Doesn't matter ..... just do one you can an A* with
♥Samantha♥
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
what gcse options you choose don't matter at all. just try to get a good number of A* and A grades. oxbridge will not care whatsoever whether you did computer science, or art, or drama, or psychology or whatever options u choose. just get good grades.
Fractite
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nah, you won't need Computer Science.
I'd go for Bio, Chem, Maths, some other relatable science (like Physics etc.). Just as long as you get A*'s, like Quan said.
M5 Ghost
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by dotstam)
hi
I am preparing for GCSEs and I'm not sure what subjects I'll need. I want to pursue a career in medicine and dream of going to an elite university. I am doing the ebacc pathway, but will I need to do computer science? Is it an essential subject?
No not really only like biology chemistry and physics
nexttime
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You'd need exremely good GCSEs for Oxford, >80% of grades at A* is the realistic minimum. But the subjects are not important. As long as it prepares you for A-level i.e. more science the better really.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1113)
78.88%
Leave (298)
21.12%

Watched Threads