Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

MK2 Focus turbo oil feed pipe, is this the right part? Ebay item number included watch

ReputationRep:
    My mechanic friend damaged the turbo oil feed pipe (again) on my mk2 focus 1.8 TDCI Sport

He then attempted to fix it, cutting it in half and botching it up with rubber, the pipe blew off last night, I turned engine off right away.

I looked on Ebay and found this part which looks like it may be compatible with my car but it looks to be smaller than the part that is on now but it might just be the way I am looking at it on the photo

item number is

261 269 858 486

and it is the turbo oil feed pipe that I need

cheers

ReputationRep:
    Dude seriously stop taking your car to these friends. They're shafting you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Quality product.

ReputationRep:
    Is this still Brian doing work for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talon)
    Is this still Brian doing work for you?
    R har.

But a different mechanic is going to fit turbo hose now, really starting to doubt how much Brian actually knows about cars now, hehe

ReputationRep:
    Go to a Ford main dealer with the VIN (aka Chassis number), and ask them which one you need. It probably won't cost much more then ebay and you've got a much better chance of getting the right part.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.