British Mathematical Olympiad training advice Watch

ben167
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello. Next year I will be participating in the SMC and ideally want to qualify for the BMO1. I also want to prepare for BMO1 now (if I don't automatically qualify). Can past olympiad participants give any preparation advice except for simply doing past papers? Also, what are the average Gold/Silver?Bronze/Yr11 bmo2 scores? I'll be in Year 11 next year. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
TSR Jessica
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
Zacken
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ben167)
Hello. Next year I will be participating in the SMC and ideally want to qualify for the BMO1. I also want to prepare for BMO1 now (if I don't automatically qualify). Can past olympiad participants give any preparation advice except for simply doing past papers? Also, what are the average Gold/Silver?Bronze/Yr11 bmo2 scores? I'll be in Year 11 next year. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
You could try asking the clever people here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...812873&page=15
nts24
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Buy the UKMT books and start from there. Do a lot of questions on Geometry, Combinatorics and Number Theory. If you don't want to buy book then use the Art of Problem solving website. Ask your teacher to sign you up for the UKMT Senior Mentoring

The most recent BMO thresholds were:
BMO1 Nov 2015
Certificate of Distinction: 23+
Medals: Bronze 33-39 Silver 40-49 Gold 50+ All medallists receive a book prize
BMO2 qualification: Yr13 35+ Yr12 31+ Yr11 28+ Yr10 & under 23+
BMO2 Jan 2015
Certificate of Distinction: 12+

6 questions for BMO1, 4 for BMO2, 10 marks for each question.
ben167
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (21)
43.75%
Pro-humanity (27)
56.25%