Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Seems to me that you ask someone out for a coffee (or even just start a convo), then they demand a face pic*, and when you send one, they never respond again. LOL.

Can they not just say "No thanks" rather than be rude?

* some apps base things on location/distance so a lot of people apparently don't want their photo on display for everyone to perv on.

ReputationRep:
    What app are you referring to?

Grindr

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lambert87)
    What app are you referring to?

Grindr

Posted from TSR Mobile
    craigslist

ReputationRep:
    My fear is meeting someone from an app in a cafe and sitting w someone sitting alone and saying "hey u must be X" when he's just a solo guy not mine Gotta see the pic to avoid that ygm
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    People use apps to cut out the BS. A blind date isn't on most people's mind when using these apps.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't bother with someone that doesn't have a picture displayed.

ReputationRep:
    idk i dont app date

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    * some apps base things on location/distance so a lot of people apparently don't want their photo on display for everyone to perv on.
    Funny how it's never the attractive people who have this rule.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.