Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a high school senior who wants to apply as a transfer student, and the application process is a little bit different than in America. So here are my questions:
    1) I already finished 2 years of college, but will I need to send my high school transcript? (I was told that if you're studying in the states colleges don't require a high school transcript if you've completed 2 years of college. Honestly, I don't want to send my high school transcript over. But if I have to I will.)
    2) For the personal statement is it similar like the American one in which you right about an experience that helped you choose the course you want to study? (The first 3 years of high school I had a rough time due to cancer so I didn't do much except for enrolling in college early, self study, being a writer, and knowing multiple languages. However, my past with cancer motivated me to study physical anthropology. And due to my illness my high school transcript is complete crap.)
    3) In the scenario that I would have to send my high school transcript would my college one help me out? (High school transcript is a 1.0 and my college one is 3.78)
    4) I'm completely confused about modules. At my college they did't have an anthropology major so I was told to take medical courses (lectures, labs, and some field work). What's the difference between modules and course classes in the US? Is it a point difference or something else?
    5) My last question isn't really about my application. What is a sandwich mode of study? Is that similar to a internship? Would I be able to get an internship even if I didn't apply for sandwich mode?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by happa_happy)
    I'm a high school senior who wants to apply as a transfer student, and the application process is a little bit different than in America.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    If you are still at high school then you aren't a transfer applicant. That only applies if you are going from one university to another.

Just apply as a normal applicant using UCAS. You are late if you intend to apply for 2016 courses, but some might still have places.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track
    https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...onal-statement

A sandwich year is a year in industry, and it's a paid position. Usually you do it after the 2nd year of your university course, before the final year. They are optional.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    If you are still at high school then you aren't a transfer applicant. That only applies if you are going from one university to another.

Just apply as a normal applicant using UCAS. You are late if you intend to apply for 2016 courses, but some might still have places.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track
    https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...onal-statement

A sandwich year is a year in industry, and it's a paid position. Usually you do it after the 2nd year of your university course, before the final year. They are optional.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I contacted the university and they told me that I can apply as a transfer student because I already completed 2 years of college :/ they didn't give me much information besides that, unfortunately.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I contacted the university and they told me that I can apply as a transfer student because I already completed 2 years of college :/ they didn't give me much information besides that, unfortunately.
    The word "college" has multiple meanings in UK vs USA. Do you mean high school? Or community college? Or something else?

What is your highest level of education? Are you doing an associate degree / bachelors degree / something else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    The word "college" has multiple meanings in UK vs USA. Do you mean high school? Or community college? Or something else?

What is your highest level of education? Are you doing an associate degree / bachelors degree / something else?
    Oops, sorry for the misunderstanding. When I say college I mean university. I'm currently enrolled in a undergraduate program.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Oops, sorry for the misunderstanding. When I say college I mean university. I'm currently enrolled in a undergraduate program.
    Right. Then it's a transfer.

(You opened your OP saying you are a senior at high school, hence the confusion.)

Edit to add: so you need to have a read of this thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1781424
    University Transfer FAQ

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.