Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Despite the 2010 disability law protecting students, some unis are more discriminating against students with a disability. I want to study medicine, anyone with or know anyone studying medicine with MS and where? Is there anywhere I should not apply

ReputationRep:
    I am just wondering here because I don't know much about it and thought I'd seize the opportunity, isn't medicine with MS going to be difficult given what things it effects? Like, vision and muscle function etc.etc. Won't being a doctor be quite hard?

I hope no where would discriminate really. Good on you for your drive!

ReputationRep:
    No worries it's a reasonable question to ask and at this stage I've been diagnosed with relapsing and remitting meaning my symptoms come in episodes of say a week at a time. I've had one a year only for the past two years so it dosnt affect my everyday life apart from occasional fatigue if I don't take care of what one eating of don't manage stress effectively x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joanxraquel)
    No worries it's a reasonable question to ask and at this stage I've been diagnosed with relapsing and remitting meaning my symptoms come in episodes of say a week at a time. I've had one a year only for the past two years so it dosnt affect my everyday life apart from occasional fatigue if I don't take care of what one eating of don't manage stress effectively x
    Well good for you then! I shouldn't think any would discriminate. Jusy go for it! Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joanxraquel)
    the only reason I would say it would put you at a disadvantage is that it may compromise the safety of the patients, what happens if your on call in A&E and you have an attack. I know there is most likely to be a support team but if it's out of hours...

Look at policies of certain universities and avoid those which tend to be harsher on students in terms of mitigating circumstances when it comes to exams whilst studying at the uni.

Also, I would say if you are good enough, apply to Cambridge they seem to have a greater understanding of humans imo even than oxford.
    Look at their entrance policies: Cambridge looks more at alevels than GCSE's - why? because apart from the fact that Alevels are harder, they actually understand that at GCSE students have to do many subjects that they perhaps don't like whereas Alevels are focused and specifically picked by students therefore mimics the work ethic a student is most likely to have a uni.

Overall though, I don't think any uni would be discriminant.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.