Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    So I really like Central Village and I would like to go there however I am not sure how likely it is. I have only made Leeds my insurance choice, is it going to affect them when sorting people out ? Am i going to be sorted after the firmers?
    Also how popular is it? Should I even try and risk to be put at oxley for example..? (Not that it is bad to be there but I ve read things..)

Also I saw that there is a new accomodation called CitySide, which looks quite similar to CV.Does anyone know about it, how it is?

ReputationRep:
    Can't say much about them, not seen cityside. Central village looks nice but super expensive, it's in between city center and the parkinson building, it is quite a popular place to be honest. But... there's also no guarantee that if you put a less popular place such as Concept place that you won't get put in oxley anyways.

Also your 1st question, no they only send out accommodation offers after results day so as long as you apply before the deadline you stand just as much chance as anyone else who put Central Village.

In my opinion though the halls that are closer to the business school (Concept Place, Sentinel Towers etc) are less popular than he ones closer to campus. Also they're like 10-15min walk from city center if that's important to you, only downside is it's a hilly walk to Uni.

If your really worried about being placed somewhere bad I advise you to look at private accomodation halls, the downside is that the university won't get involved in matters to do with your accomodation and you obviously won't get the free gym membership, but at least you get to choose where you end up (just make sure your sure where you want to end up because it could be hard to leave your contract with private halls). My friend didn't know this was an option for him and he applied to Leodis and ended up in liberty dock.

ReputationRep:
    Hey so I applied for Central Village before coming to Leeds , I'm in third year now and I didn't get it I got put in Lupton which is the complete opposite and I know sooo many people that did as well so there's no guarantee you'll get it! But it's just drawn out on a computer system so it's automatic and there's no way of knowing really , however those with unconditional offers so those who took a year out generally seem to got their pick of accommodation so I dunno how that factors in. Cityside is new I think for this year so haven't really heard of it but if you're looking for an ensuite common room etc I'd deffo apply for James Ballie , you can apply through unite students so not the uni and it's much easier to secure your place but no different !
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by alicecn135)
    Hey so I applied for Central Village before coming to Leeds , I'm in third year now and I didn't get it I got put in Lupton which is the complete opposite and I know sooo many people that did as well so there's no guarantee you'll get it! But it's just drawn out on a computer system so it's automatic and there's no way of knowing really , however those with unconditional offers so those who took a year out generally seem to got their pick of accommodation so I dunno how that factors in. Cityside is new I think for this year so haven't really heard of it but if you're looking for an ensuite common room etc I'd deffo apply for James Ballie , you can apply through unite students so not the uni and it's much easier to secure your place but no different !
    This year we've taken all the rooms at James Baillie so it's not possible to book through Unite. However, you can book their other properties in Leeds; Concept Place, The Plaza, Sky Plaza etc.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.