Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Met someone on a dating site. We met up before Xmas, he was SUPER nice and cool and charming and sweet.

I messaged her after it, thanked her, said would love to get together again, but if not, hoped he had a lovely Xmas and no pressure.

I didnt hear from her for about 3 months and by then I had moved on, dismissed it as no biggie. But she sent a fairly lengthy email, apologising, saying she wanted to meet again. sHe identified shed be pretty swamped for the whole of March, (work and family and studying etc. Maybe Easter time would work best? He said he'd absolutely let me know with concrete details. Just right now, quote "insanely busy, drowning in work,"

Well, Easter has been and gone.

And yet, on facebook, on other social media she is posting up a storm! Commenting left right and centre. I sent her an email about 4 days ago, and since then shes posted about 10 things on social media, and not word one to me :|

Look, fine she isn't interested. I get it. But why the hell even bother establishing contact in the first place?

I mean, I had moved on. I figured, "ok, tried that, didn't work out. Fair enough. Nothing personal."

If it was about letting me down "politely" or gently all she had to do, was what she HAD been doing thus far: absolutely nothing. But to "reactivate the process" so to speak, kind of established the indication that there was at least SOME interest.

Utterly baffled.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Met someone on a dating site. We met up before Xmas, he was SUPER nice and cool and charming and sweet.

I messaged her after it, thanked her, said would love to get together again, but if not, hoped he had a lovely Xmas and no pressure.

I didnt hear from her for about 3 months and by then I had moved on, dismissed it as no biggie. But she sent a fairly lengthy email, apologising, saying she wanted to meet again. sHe identified shed be pretty swamped for the whole of March, (work and family and studying etc. Maybe Easter time would work best? He said he'd absolutely let me know with concrete details. Just right now, quote "insanely busy, drowning in work,"

Well, Easter has been and gone.

And yet, on facebook, on other social media she is posting up a storm! Commenting left right and centre. I sent her an email about 4 days ago, and since then shes posted about 10 things on social media, and not word one to me :|

Look, fine she isn't interested. I get it. But why the hell even bother establishing contact in the first place?

I mean, I had moved on. I figured, "ok, tried that, didn't work out. Fair enough. Nothing personal."

If it was about letting me down "politely" or gently all she had to do, was what she HAD been doing thus far: absolutely nothing. But to "reactivate the process" so to speak, kind of established the indication that there was at least SOME interest.

Utterly baffled.
    Try to forget about her

ReputationRep:
    you keep switching between "He" and "she" and it's thrown me off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darien91)
    you keep switching between "He" and "she" and it's thrown me off
    shemale?
    hefemale?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.