Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Well, don't make jokes around him or be sarcastic, it really annoys us when people start laughing and we don't know why.
    Yes, that's important - avoid sarcasm as sufferers won't notice it - they'll take you literally. Some can "learn" sarcasm and understand (well, one of my friendss seems to) but only if they know how each person does it, and they are a mild case.

ReputationRep:
    please dont say nasty stuff on me thread, everyone can voice an opinion!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -mb-)
    Yes, that's important - avoid sarcasm as sufferers won't notice it - they'll take you literally. Some can "learn" sarcasm and understand (well, one of my friendss seems to) but only if they know how each person does it, and they are a mild case.
    I find it very difficult to determine when anyone is being sarcastic in real life and find it impossible to do so online. I also can never tell when people are making joks about me or are actually veing serious, which can be really annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Changing topic slightly, the curious incident of the dog in the night-time is a really good book!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Changing topic slightly, the curious incident of the dog in the night-time is a really good book!
    Haven't read it yet, although I might try to download it.

ReputationRep:
    I know!! I read it in one night, although he was way better at maths then I am!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by historyhoney)
    I know!! I read it in one night, although he was way better at maths then I am!
    I read it in a day too. We were told by our English teacher to read it and I'm really glad I did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    I read it in a day too. We were told by our English teacher to read it and I'm really glad I did.
    I might try to get hold of a copy of it.

ReputationRep:
    I might try to get hold of a copy of it.
    You should. Mine was quite expensive because I accidently ordered the hardback copy, but you could get it out the library or borrow it off a friend for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    You should. Mine was quite expensive because I accidently ordered the hardback copy, but you could get it out the library or borrow it off a friend for free
    I might do. it will be interesting to see how I can relate to the author.

ReputationRep:
    How do you mean?
    Edit - sorry, I should have read the rest of the topic before posting!

ReputationRep:
    yeah, u should, me mum said in her long experience it isn't 100% accurate, but its not too far off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    How do you mean?
    Well, being one of the afflicted, I should be able to relate to him.

ReputationRep:
    Well, being one of the afflicted, I should be able to relate to him.
    Yeah, sorry, I didn't realise until I just read the rest of the topic. I don't know how accurate the book is, so it would be interesting to see how you find it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Yeah, sorry, I didn't realise until I just read the rest of the topic. I don't know how accurate the book is, so it would be interesting to see how you find it
    I might borrow it off donna actually, if I can find her.

ReputationRep:
    I might borrow it off donna actually, if I can find her.
    I have no idea who Donna is, but you do that!

ReputationRep:
    you are his father?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    you are his father?
    no, I am just a fellow afflictee.

ReputationRep:
    my best friend love that book as well! is it really that good? if it is i may consider to read it

ReputationRep:
    It depends what level of asperges you have... am I right?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 28, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.