The Student Room Group

Am I eligible for the PostGraduate Loan?

Hello,

I am an EU student and have an *unconditional offer* for an MA from UEA.
I applied to the University as I want to finally do my M. A. in the field that I am working in since 16 years.

I have done a Masters course in Asia, 25 years ago, in a totally different field.

There is a stipulation that one cannot have a Masters degree if one is applying for the loan.

Is there a possibility that because my degree in M. A is from 25 years ago and that I need to study/research for my current profession, I might be considered an exception and would be then eligible for the loan?

This loan is the biggest help that I could get to fund my education and am hoping there is some way out for a person like me who is really needs this funding.
Original post by Racsir
Hello,

I am an EU student and have an *unconditional offer* for an MA from UEA.
I applied to the University as I want to finally do my M. A. in the field that I am working in since 16 years.

I have done a Masters course in Asia, 25 years ago, in a totally different field.

There is a stipulation that one cannot have a Masters degree if one is applying for the loan.

Is there a possibility that because my degree in M. A is from 25 years ago and that I need to study/research for my current profession, I might be considered an exception and would be then eligible for the loan?

This loan is the biggest help that I could get to fund my education and am hoping there is some way out for a person like me who is really needs this funding.

The exact guidance and application form has not yet been released - check again in June/July when they're available to find out the precise rules about previous Masters study.

All we have so far is
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
The information we have at present is "Students who already hold a qualification which is equivalent to or higher in level than a Masters will not be eligible for a Postgraduate Loan."More information will be released when we have it.
Reply 2
Thank you. Yes, I will keep checking. The tough spot right now is that the Uni is asking me to let them know if I would join the course. I definitely will not able to self-fund and am in a proper spot right now. I have about a month to let them know as they are interviewing candidates for the course.

Look forward to any more inputs that might come in on this post. Thanks again :

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending