Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am an EU student and have an *unconditional offer* for an MA from UEA.
    I applied to the University as I want to finally do my M. A. in the field that I am working in since 16 years.

I have done a Masters course in Asia, 25 years ago, in a totally different field.

There is a stipulation that one cannot have a Masters degree if one is applying for the loan.

Is there a possibility that because my degree in M. A is from 25 years ago and that I need to study/research for my current profession, I might be considered an exception and would be then eligible for the loan?

This loan is the biggest help that I could get to fund my education and am hoping there is some way out for a person like me who is really needs this funding.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Racsir)
    Hello,

I am an EU student and have an *unconditional offer* for an MA from UEA.
    I applied to the University as I want to finally do my M. A. in the field that I am working in since 16 years.

I have done a Masters course in Asia, 25 years ago, in a totally different field.

There is a stipulation that one cannot have a Masters degree if one is applying for the loan.

Is there a possibility that because my degree in M. A is from 25 years ago and that I need to study/research for my current profession, I might be considered an exception and would be then eligible for the loan?

This loan is the biggest help that I could get to fund my education and am hoping there is some way out for a person like me who is really needs this funding.
    The exact guidance and application form has not yet been released - check again in June/July when they're available to find out the precise rules about previous Masters study.

All we have so far is
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    The information we have at present is "Students who already hold a qualification which is equivalent to or higher in level than a Masters will not be eligible for a Postgraduate Loan."More information will be released when we have it.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. Yes, I will keep checking. The tough spot right now is that the Uni is asking me to let them know if I would join the course. I definitely will not able to self-fund and am in a proper spot right now. I have about a month to let them know as they are interviewing candidates for the course.

Look forward to any more inputs that might come in on this post. Thanks again :

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.