Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

So I have had worked previously in McDonalds 10-11 months ago (for a little over a month) and unfortunately, I had quit. Not because of the working conditions, but due to personal reasons. I didn't give a reason for me quitting, nor did I give a notice period.

I've decided to take a gap year after College, and have decided to apply to McDonalds again, but my question is: Should I list my previous employment and employer on my application form? Or should I lie and say I have never been employed? Will my previous employer be contacted? My old manager was nice, but I can't imagine he'll give me a good reference after quitting with no notice period, I also only worked in one position during my time there, meaning I wasn't very flexible, as when I was put in the kitchen, I got dizzy quickly after 15 minutes, and could only work on the car park window.

Please reply A.S.A.P

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Never lie,

It always blows back up in your face in the long term.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by AdviceForMe)
    Hello,

So I have had worked previously in McDonalds 10-11 months ago (for a little over a month) and unfortunately, I had quit. Not because of the working conditions, but due to personal reasons. I didn't give a reason for me quitting, nor did I give a notice period.

I've decided to take a gap year after College, and have decided to apply to McDonalds again, but my question is: Should I list my previous employment and employer on my application form? Or should I lie and say I have never been employed? Will my previous employer be contacted? My old manager was nice, but I can't imagine he'll give me a good reference after quitting with no notice period, I also only worked in one position during my time there, meaning I wasn't very flexible, as when I was put in the kitchen, I got dizzy quickly after 15 minutes, and could only work on the car park window.

Please reply A.S.A.P

Thanks!
    Are you applying to the same restaurant you worked at before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    Are you applying to the same restaurant you worked at before?
    Nope, a different one.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by AdviceForMe)
    Nope, a different one.
    Id mention that you worked at the other store, but say you only worked there for a month (or however long you worked there), and you left for x,y or z reasons (e.g. your studies) I wouldnt mention about not giving notice. Id provide other people as references, and if they ask why you havent put the other store down, just say that as you only worked there for such a short time and it was a while ago, you doubt they would remember you which is why you havent put them down as a reference or anything.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.