User1983593
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
UCL for Philosophy or Manchester for PPE, which is a better insurance? Though I think UCL has more prestige, I think I'll still struggle to start off a career with a pure philosophy degree. Any opinions?
cazzem
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mxlik)
UCL for Philosophy or Manchester for PPE, which is a better insurance? Though I think UCL has more prestige, I think I'll still struggle to start off a career with a pure philosophy degree. Any opinions?
Yeah, I'd say go with Manchester. The prestige won't matter when finding a job, but rather a PPE degree would in most scenarios be more useful than a philosophy degree. Besides the difference between UCL and Manchester is negligible, I doubt any employer would choose one over the over, but rather look at the degree and classification.
Unless you really want to study philosophy, choose Manchester in my opinion!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (104)
68.42%
No (31)
20.39%
I didn't use it to prepare (17)
11.18%

Watched Threads