Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,
    from an young age my passion towards people's health grew, I was concerned about the harsh reality of the poor's (lack of nutritients) and the riches- obesity. I always wanted to help people and I figured medicine would be the suitable one.
    However, I have some major problems which doesnt match for the essential skills of a good doctor- I have very low self steem, I always get the fear that everyone is way better than my capability therefore I am always so scared about being around people, I dont have such good grades in my GCSE, my communication skill is very poor.
    But one thing i have i the dtermination and the believe that I can do this i can overcome my fear, but it seems like fear is overcoming me like today I am suppose to go to a GP to arrange a work experience but I am just so scared I am sweating.
    Please any advice would be hugely appreciated.

(Original post by Hard work)
    Hello everyone,
    from an young age my passion towards people's health grew, I was concerned about the harsh reality of the poor's (lack of nutritients) and the riches- obesity. I always wanted to help people and I figured medicine would be the suitable one.
    However, I have some major problems which doesnt match for the essential skills of a good doctor- I have very low self steem, I always get the fear that everyone is way better than my capability therefore I am always so scared about being around people, I dont have such good grades in my GCSE, my communication skill is very poor.
    But one thing i have i the dtermination and the believe that I can do this i can overcome my fear, but it seems like fear is overcoming me like today I am suppose to go to a GP to arrange a work experience but I am just so scared I am sweating.
    Please any advice would be hugely appreciated.
    Low self esteem would probably be exacerbated in any role where you have to deal with other people. That being said low self esteem can be overcome. I used to have that issue myself but somehow grew out of it.
    Skills and communication can be improved with practice and training. Given how hard opportunities are to come by, I would strongly urge you to bit peoples hand off when given any. Cant really give you proper advice coz I'm bit of a dullard myself but I speak from experience with regards to taking opportunities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laomedeia)
    Low self esteem would probably be exacerbated in any role where you have to deal with other people. That being said low self esteem can be overcome. I used to have that issue myself but somehow grew out of it.
    Skills and communication can be improved with practice and training. Given how hard opportunities are to come by, I would strongly urge you to bit peoples hand off when given any. Cant really give you proper advice coz I'm bit of a dullard myself but I speak from experience with regards to taking opportunities.
    Yes I understand, but my fear is just way too high and its not like i didnt challenge myself- I did for example: got a work experience in a pharmacy there i was embarrased myself so much, I was basically just standing and doing nothing, I was also a prefect and a mentor which i think helped me a bit to overcome my fears but when it comes to talking to someone elderly to me or same age as me I cannot do anything my fear just goes over the top.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.