Opinions on these 2 uni's? The good and the bad? hehe <3
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by explodingxstars)
Opinions on these 2 uni's? The good and the bad? hehe <3
That's being a bit general. Have you looked at the prospectus/visited either university? I think Brunel has a better repuation over the other and did rather well on the university league tables probably due to an increase in applications/better research/teaching but it depends on what you want to study and whether the university you want to go has a better focus/reputation regarding the subject.
explodingxstars
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
To study Eng, got offers at both and visited both.
I just wanted general opinions on the two places from anyone else really.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by explodingxstars)
To study Eng, got offers at both and visited both.
I just wanted general opinions on the two places from anyone else really.
Well Brunel doesn't exactly excel in English but it's ranked higher than Canterbury Christ Church. See for yourself on at http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,6734,00.html - I don't really know if that's a reliable source but it's used widely by most students.
Geogger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
Well Brunel doesn't exactly excel in English but it's ranked higher than Canterbury Christ Church. See for yourself on at http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,6734,00.html - I don't really know if that's a reliable source but it's used widely by most students.
Canterbury is a gorgeous place to spend 3 years - CC College is more accessible to the town (its just outside the city walls) than UKC which is a 15 minute walk up a hill. All degrees at CCC are I think validated by UKC so academically there should be no problem.
You are a short bus ride from the trendy Whitstable and a similar distance to trashy Margate (although the new Turner Centre is supposed to be improving the culture there!). You are also about half an hour's car ride from the Channel Tunnel and other ports with day trips to the continent.... and even cheaper beer. (Although the local brew - Shepherd Neame is apparently very good)
tammypotato
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i took brunel as my insurance. i went there 4 a week and i liked it
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (105)
78.95%
Leave (28)
21.05%

Watched Threads