The Student Room Group

I'm wearing contacts, AMA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by idontknowmedoyou
Yeah thats most likely why it hurt aha:smile: you should put contact lenses in before make up so that it doesn't get in your eyes:biggrin:

Aha yup, so that's the culprit. I feel a little betrayed my opticians didn't at least give me a heads up.
Reply 41
Well, I put them on today and they didn't hurt at all!! Had to be the eye-liner :banana:
good job!
im hoping to get contacts over the summer holiday
Reply 43
Original post by the bear
contacts are expensive... my glasses work out at under £20 a year...

Mine were free. NHS paid for them. They look lovely too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
Mine were free. NHS paid for them. They look lovely too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

we need to see photographic proof of their loveliness :colondollar:
Have you tried some eye drops or something from Boots? It might be that your eyes have become really dry
[QUOTE=Questioness;63892087]How I feel right now :
image.jpg
I don't know why I did this to myself.
How do you guys get through the this?

I'm too scared to take it out. I literally have to pinch it off :afraid:.
-and yes I did draw spiders in my eyes.

I was the same as you two years ago. The first 2 months were hell and really uncomfortable and painful and it took ages to put them on!! Then I learnt the proper way to put them on and it only takes a minute to put in out. Makes sure before putting in/taking out you wash your hands with anti bacterial soap (Carex) + MUSst make sure hands are fully dry especially when the lens is on the finger you're using to put it in.

Putting in: place the lens on your dry POINTING finger. Make sure it's the right way up and that there is moisture on the side which will touch your eye. The other side touching your finger should be dry. Make sure it's at a good angle (You'll find the perfect angle after a few weeks). Raise the pointing finger to your eye and with the middle finger lower your lower eyelid AS MUCH as you can. (I also use my other hand's pointing finger to lift my upper eyelid as well) This gives extra space for you to put the lens in. Maintaining the angle, place the lens on your eye BELOW the pupil. Imagine you're putting a sticker on your eye. By physics, if your hand is dry like I told you earlier, the lens will automatically stick to your eye as you remove your finger. DONT close your eyes because it's not in place yet. Look down to "catch" the lens (may take a few tries). Then remove your middle finger from your eyelid. Once you feel it's over your pupil, SLOWLY blink a few times and you're ready to go!

Taking it out (way easier): Middle finger to lower eyelid and pointing finger on same hand in front of lens. (Again if you want use your other hand to raise the upper eyelid). Use your pointing finger to SLIDE the lens back down to where you stuck it on initially (BELOW the pupil). Once you've slid it down there, slide it down further and it'll slip out of your eye

Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by Butternuts96
I was the same as you two years ago. The first 2 months were hell and really uncomfortable and painful and it took ages to put them on!! Then I learnt the proper way to put them on and it only takes a minute to put in out. Makes sure before putting in/taking out you wash your hands with anti bacterial soap (Carex) + MUSst make sure hands are fully dry especially when the lens is on the finger you're using to put it in.

Putting in: place the lens on your dry POINTING finger. Make sure it's the right way up and that there is moisture on the side which will touch your eye. The other side touching your finger should be dry. Make sure it's at a good angle (You'll find the perfect angle after a few weeks). Raise the pointing finger to your eye and with the middle finger lower your lower eyelid AS MUCH as you can. (I also use my other hand's pointing finger to lift my upper eyelid as well) This gives extra space for you to put the lens in. Maintaining the angle, place the lens on your eye BELOW the pupil. Imagine you're putting a sticker on your eye. By physics, if your hand is dry like I told you earlier, the lens will automatically stick to your eye as you remove your finger. DONT close your eyes because it's not in place yet. Look down to "catch" the lens (may take a few tries). Then remove your middle finger from your eyelid. Once you feel it's over your pupil, SLOWLY blink a few times and you're ready to go!

Taking it out (way easier): Middle finger to lower eyelid and pointing finger on same hand in front of lens. (Again if you want use your other hand to raise the upper eyelid). Use your pointing finger to SLIDE the lens back down to where you stuck it on initially (BELOW the pupil). Once you've slid it down there, slide it down further and it'll slip out of your eye

Hope this helps! :smile:

Taking it out was way easier by sliding it. Before I was trying to pick it out, it was terrifying.
Reply 48
Original post by Serine Soul
Have you tried some eye drops or something from Boots? It might be that your eyes have become really dry

Seems like a good idea, optician said I had dry eyes which may cause irritation.

Quick Reply

Latest