Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im 17 and Ive never had a girlfriend despite wanting one for years. I think the problem is since i was kicked out of the mixed school I was at and put in to a boys school meaning through my teen years I never learned how to talk to girls and now im very shy. Also as I never made many friends that were girls I dont really socialize with girls. Not only am I lonely but I get so embarrased when my friends ask if Ive got a girl and Im still saying no. What do I do? I really need help.

ReputationRep:
    I''m 29 and really want.... I don't know, a few grand to just waste on useless stuff.

What it comes down to you need understand the rules of coversation, (surely youtube videos and books on it), its a simple game you have to play for lack of a better word. Learn to undestand and read body language, and know when someone is bored and to leave them alone.

I would have to write pages to get you started on getting out there an interacting with the world in the way you want.

But some tips, it should be nutural, unintentioned conversation with people for the fun, and sake of conversation, a little starter, say hello to a random person, build that confidence up. People, especially women want to be the ones talking, but you need to listen, add to, and equire further into the topic of their interest while at the same time, giving away bits about yourself without talking too much and dominating the conversation. Be yourself of course (but not bad habits) and see where that gets you, do not expect sucess, but keep at it. Then of course theres the whole flirting and teasing and all sorts of complexities wer're supposed to learn along the way. But you should be able to pick it up as you go, you're young enough and have enough time.

One rule, don't not distance yourself from someone you think you like and build up this 'thing' about them, from the beginning get out there and introduce yourself, if can be done appropriately so. The more you know someone, the more complicated it is.

And remember if things are going bad, you're not getting the sucess you want, dont try and blame other people, what it is you are doing wrong, and try to imrprove on that, watch and listen to other people around you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 22 and I've been saying that for 5 years now. I can always bang them, but then something always goes wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Get out your Iphone and Download this

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/tinder/id547702041?mt=8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 17inLondon)
    Im 17 and Ive never had a girlfriend despite wanting one for years. I think the problem is since i was kicked out of the mixed school I was at and put in to a boys school meaning through my teen years I never learned how to talk to girls and now im very shy. Also as I never made many friends that were girls I dont really socialize with girls. Not only am I lonely but I get so embarrased when my friends ask if Ive got a girl and Im still saying no. What do I do? I really need help.
    Try this...works 98% of the time

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...ffc03e6368.jpg

(Original post by peterxz)
    Disclaimer: Only works if you are at least semi-attractive and or not fat. Otherwise, this will make everything worse.
    To be fair, if you don't get any matches you should probably commit while you still can lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStar#7)
    Get out your Iphone and Download this

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/tinder/id547702041?mt=8
    I thought tinder was for 18+ only?

You seriously don't need one, trust me, lots of people feel lie they do but the reality of it is that it brings less than what you think.

ReputationRep:
    I will be your bf
    Spoiler:
    Show
    lol, just joking. You're 17 ffs, focus on your A-levels

ReputationRep:
    Do you live in London and if so what school do you attend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novascope)
    I thought tinder was for 18+ only?
    Nope. Pretty sure you can be like 13

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alldayniqqa)
    Nope. Pretty sure you can be like 13
    Tf. What's a 13 year old gonna do on Tinder?

"Hey dude, wanna play with my Digimon?"

ReputationRep:
    No, you need to do your homework

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novascope)
    Tf. What's a 13 year old gonna do on Tinder?

"Hey dude, wanna play with my Digimon?"
    To be fair if a girl is unresponsive to a line like that then she's not worth it, regardless of her age

ReputationRep:
    What you need is practice! If you have a sister or an aunt or even your mum, practice flirting with them to give you confidence for when you find a real girlfriend!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.