I am 17, BF is 21... opinions? Watch

aliceronson
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am a 17 year old female, i am 18 in november. my boyfriend is 21, and turns 22 in june. our parents are 100% ok with the age gap, and its not really a problem for us at all, we are both the same maturity level really. however, one of my friends make a joke of saying he was a 'pedo', so what do you guys think of this age gap?
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's fine really. 4 years is nothing, I don't think.
Lambert87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You're over the age of 16.. He's not a paedo

Posted from TSR Mobile
claireestelle
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by aliceronson)
I am a 17 year old female, i am 18 in november. my boyfriend is 21, and turns 22 in june. our parents are 100% ok with the age gap, and its not really a problem for us at all, we are both the same maturity level really. however, one of my friends make a joke of saying he was a 'pedo', so what do you guys think of this age gap?
When we got together I was 18 and my boyfriend was 22 and its not really made any difference to our relationship, its maturity and what you want out of life being similar rather than age that matters really.
aarora
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't think a 4 year age gap is a big deal, especially as you believe you're on the same maturity level.

Ignore your friend?
CeeLou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nothing to say about it really. If you both are okay with it and your parents then it's fine.

I'm 20 and my boyfriend is soon 29 it's a non issue with our family/friends (my family slightly iffy at the start but people get used to things with time).
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
ignore her and you have told youre parents so its not like youre hiding anything four years is nothing youre both legal so just go at a pace youre both happy with and don't listen to what anyone says considering that its your relationship not theirs
AlmightyJesus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
when I was 21 I was with a girl who was only just 17. we had no problems at all. she was pretty mature so there was no issue.
Spoiler:
Show
although she was a virgin...but not after I saw to her, mwahaha *lightning*
longshot100
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Completely fine.
Heck, I'd even expect it, since most married couples I see have an age gap of around 4 years.
I'd say the ABSOLUTE maximum is 10 years. (With the male as the older one)
Novascope
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I dated a guy who was 22 when I was 18. So long as you're both mature and know what you want from the relationship then it's all good.
SuperStar#7
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I hope he has proof of your age at the time you dated before you break up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (956)
79.93%
Leave (240)
20.07%

Watched Threads