Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for a summer job (mid-June to end of September) whilst I'm back home from University so that I can feed myself next year (the fun life of a student).
    Are there any particular shops/restaurants that are known to hire part-time workers over the summer season?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FeelsToWaltz)
    I'm looking for a summer job (mid-June to end of September) whilst I'm back home from University so that I can feed myself next year (the fun life of a student).
    Are there any particular shops/restaurants that are known to hire part-time workers over the summer season?
    Start searching for jobs on recruiting website such as Indeed, Monster and Reed; and just apply. If you can't find any jobs, then start emailing restaurants and small shops to see if they could offer you a part time jobs (with CV attached).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    Start searching for jobs on recruiting website such as Indeed, Monster and Reed; and just apply. If you can't find any jobs, then start emailing restaurants and small shops to see if they could offer you a part time jobs (with CV attached).
    Do places tend to advertise for summer jobs? Or would you say to just apply for permanent jobs and then leave? (that seems a little unfair on the employer)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GraceTheSheep)
    Do places tend to advertise for summer jobs? Or would you say to just apply for permanent jobs and then leave? (that seems a little unfair on the employer)
    A few do, but its mostly done online. Whichever you want, and no there's no unfairness to it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.