Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi,
    I am to be a full time EU student from Spetember this year. I have few questions and I am hoping to get the answers:
    1. When is the deadline to submit an application?
    2. As proof of identity is photocopy of passsport authorised by a local Public notary acceptable or do I need to send the passport as such?
    3. Is Loan available to EU students for Masters and PhD?
    4. If I would become a full time PhD student (after finishing undergraduate studies) without being employed, what interest would be calculated to my undergrauate loan and at what rate at what rate?
    Thanks in advnace

A
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Ana15)
    Hi,
    I am to be a full time EU student from Spetember this year. I have few questions and I am hoping to get the answers:
    1. When is the deadline to submit an application?
    2. As proof of identity is photocopy of passsport authorised by a local Public notary acceptable or do I need to send the passport as such?
    3. Is Loan available to EU students for Masters and PhD?
    4. If I would become a full time PhD student (after finishing undergraduate studies) without being employed, what interest would be calculated to my undergrauate loan and at what rate at what rate?
    Thanks in advnace

A
    1. there is no deadline for EU students but aim for the end of May
    2. see http://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/1617/eu/e..._fs_1617_d.pdf
    3. there is a separate postgrad loan system available from this year for postgraduate masters courses. Most PhDs have some sort of funding attached - eligibility will vary
    4. See the section here on Interest rates: http://media.slc.co.uk/repayment/qsg...o-i-repay.html

ReputationRep:
    I think :

3. EU students may be eligible for the new Masters loans. PhDs are not funded through a loan scheme in the UK. There are a range of funding methods, but generally, you will apply for a funded PhD. The funding is not repayable, but they are incredibly competitive. It's like applying for a well-paid job at a great company - everyone wants it!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.