The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You need some self-respect, stop insulting yourself and tell anyone else who does so to get lost.
Original post by Anonymous
I really struggle to live my life everyday without brushing my hair in the morning and looking in the mirror thinking I'm ugly. Some of you may feel that I'm being over dramatic but it really gets to me and sometimes I end up crying. People don't understand because I actually have a boyfriend and he always tells me that I'm attractive - he even lets me brush my hair with his brush. However a few days ago I heard him on the phone talking to his friend and he mentioned my name and laughed, saying I'm so ugly. I really don't know where else to turn and I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me???!!!!!

clearly not your boyfriend then right?
I feel ugly because I've been bullied in the past for looking how I am and it seems like no one wants me around. My boyfriend keeps telling me that I'm not ugly but I don't believe him. I think I'll definitely try a new hairstyle and I'm considering joining a tennis club to get out more and my boyfriend agrees.
I'm not 100% sure but I feel like he did say that. I feel like if I talk to him he'll think I'm insecure and I don't want to come across to him like that.

As much as I can relate to you on not feeling attractive, I agree with some of the posters.

Dump your boyfriend. If he doesn't make you feel beautiful then he's not worth the time. As him about why he said what he did.

Don't think you can't get someone. You most probably can with the confidence and the personality.

Focus on something else other than your looks. Volunteer, do something you haven't done before or whatever.

Get a new look/makeover. You probably do have good features but they aren't being shown off. Get your eyebrows done or something. Or dye your hair. Or lose weight if you need to.

And stop feeling so sorry for yourself. There are thousands of amazing women out there who are recognised for their achievements, not how they look.
...who doesn't brush their hair in the morning?
Everyone one, including myself, feels ugly. Just be grateful you aren't someone who was born deformed or had an accident which permanently changed your appearance. Imho these guys really need our sympathy. :redface:
Reply 25
When you click to post this, I believe it said "Ask a Question", not "Tell your sad life story" :3
Reply 26
I can't break up with him :'( He's really all that I have, I think my chances of finding another boyfriend are slim. I feel like a wreck and I need an anchor like him!

LOL, i don't understand why people always have to have someone by their side, you were born without him, you can live without him
I really struggle to live my life everyday without brushing my hair in the morning and looking in the mirror thinking I'm ugly. Some of you may feel that I'm being over dramatic but it really gets to me and sometimes I end up crying. People don't understand because I actually have a boyfriend and he always tells me that I'm attractive - he even lets me brush my hair with his brush. However a few days ago I heard him on the phone talking to his friend and he mentioned my name and laughed, saying I'm so ugly. I really don't know where else to turn and I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me???!!!!!

1) Wear things to compliment your beauty and maybe try out different looks and hair styles.
2) Dump your stupid boyfriend.
I can't break up with him :'( He's really all that I have, I think my chances of finding another boyfriend are slim. I feel like a wreck and I need an anchor like him!

Not quite a homonym, not quite a pun but loving your work all the same!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AlmightyJesus
...who doesn't brush their hair in the morning?

Me and Shrek.

TBH I think that you may feel much better after breaking up with this boyfriend of yours. As cliche as it sounds, you don't need a guy or anyone for that matter to make you happy. Once you believe for yourself and not as a result of any person's assurance that you are beautiful, intelligent, happy etc. Then nothing anyone says can make a difference. Ditch the guy, take a yoga class and start feeling better about yourself!
Everyone is beautiful in their own way.
Im sure youre a beautiful girl.
Your boyfriend doesnt sound like a nice person. No one should say that about anyone, let alone their girlfriend. I would go out and find someone who likes you for who you are!
Have you ever been told your unattractive to your face? I have.
Dont think about what anyone else says (i know its hard) and try to act confident. It will help you.

Youre boyfriend should be trying to help you in this situation, not calling you ugly and laughing.
He sounds like a total ******* tbh.
But maybe try and dress differently and see how you feel afterwards?
r u of male species or female species?
Original post by star80
Send me a picture and i'll give you my honest truth about you.

Because I'm sure your opinion is all that counts.
Reply 34
Break up with your boyfriend.His two faced and doesn't deserve a great girl like you.
it doesn't really matter if you're ugly. Have you seen China!! Loads of men, like no women. If you think you'll be lonely, then get a chinese guy. He'll be grateful for you and appriciate you more than your douchbag of a boyfriend does :smile:

hey there, i can treat you better than him...drop a message

i totally understand, because i feel the same and people call me dramatic but they dont get it cos they havent lived in my shoes. honestly leave him asap, we are better of alone. trust me :smile: :smile: just tell him, im the one for you and go, dont argue or whatever with him cos hes clearly stupid and u shouldnt waste ur energy on someone like that xx youll be upset and cry but over time, the pain will go xx
Stop thinking bout ur bf and focus on u. Guys will come and go but u should learn to b ur own best Frnd, I get it I hate how I look too. My whole mood can b ruined just cuz I looked in the mirror at the wrong time. But listen, I have no doubt that ur life is gonna b gorgeous and exciting and fun. Ur gonna make a difference and fall in love and just live. So don’t stress, u have the rest of ur life to worry about how u look, take this time to figure out how u wanna act.

... and drop the boy love, he’s not doing u any good xx

If it makes you feel better, you don't have to have mirrors in your house. Pete Davidson doesn't, if that helps <3 (I love him btw he's really funny and open about this stuff). Personally, I think it's more than just physical elements that attract me to a person. Knowledge and kindness is a huge turn on for me. And you should talk to your boyfriend about what he said, it's not kind. Hope this helps :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending