Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can i study effectively Watch

ReputationRep:
    In 6 weeks my french GCSE and history GCSE is coming up.I am struggling to study i do plenty of vocab for hours and hours for french online but I cannot get myself to do history because I don't really know how I could plan exam questions but I don't find it very effective and pretty boring.How can I study efficiently i am not distracted by computers etc it is just I find it so boring I would prefer to sit on the couch doing nothing all day because I feel so unmotivated a reward is so far away I feel liek this half term is quite boring my parents are busy with work and I have no friends or family to spend time with.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Knowing the feeling of not getting the grade you need and failing is a great motivator.

You need a reality check, so if you are expecting to do A levels and go to uni, then you need to start with your GCSE's. If you wnat to fail then carru on doing nothing for it, there will be plenty of others who will be working becayse they need the grade.

Get past papers and do them on a regular basis so you get used to what they might ask. If you cnat answer the questions it will highlight what you dont know.
    If you dont know it go and learn it. keep going until you can answer questions with ease. You might also want to add some cariety by using flash cards and revising with a friend.

the exam is on its way and will happen whether you are ready or not. imo 6 weeks will pass very quickly.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.