The Student Room Group

Bank of England A-level internship 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by mehtj006
Today is my first day. I'll tell you guys how it went and what to expect.

Thanks and good luck!!
Original post by Gh67689
Thanks and good luck!!

To work there is actually great. At the moment I'm working on a project in monetary analysis, and will be joined by a girl as i have been told.
There are good places to eat at lunch and the bank is relatively easy to traverse around.
The worst part is the travel there and back on the current weather. The tube stinks and i sweat so much my cloths stick to me.
Sounds great. So is there no Bank canteen? Are you expected to eat out for lunch?
Also, what is the dress code like? I assume most men are in suits, so the same would go for us interns then...?
Original post by virtualguy101
Sounds great. So is there no Bank canteen? Are you expected to eat out for lunch?
Also, what is the dress code like? I assume most men are in suits, so the same would go for us interns then...?

I always wear a suit just because I enjoy wearing suits. However in the current weather most men are coming in without the blazer which is absolutely fine. There is a main canteen I think on the 5th floor(never had to use it), and there is a coffee and snacks canteen on first floor.Look forward to seeing you guys.
Original post by mehtj006
I just did the online tests, and didn't do well at all.
Numerical - think I got around 65%.
Verbal - think I got around 70%.

hi, i am thinking of applying in january, and i wanted to know what type of questions they ask, and diffcult they are
Hello, could anyone who did this last year answer a few questions?
How long is the placement?
Is the placement as well paid as the First Year internship (Β£70 per day)?
Lastly, are there any explicit follow on opportunities from the internship?

Thanks in advance if anyone can answer these :smile:
Again anyone who attended the course last year, your feedback would be awesome.
Like how was sorting out accommodation and your overall experience there?
Reply 87
Original post by Daniel9998
Well im just assuming, hopefully it is only a couple of weeks. Yeh it is paid but it wont be much

when was the apllication period for the alevel internship programme? The alevel programme is completely taken down from their website, was wondering when did you guys all apply?

Being a current year 12 student, is it too late, or do the 2017 applications open later?
Is this programme going to be opened for this year?? Or are they not doing it anymore? Can't find any A Level internships/work experience on their site..
Original post by azizadil1998
Is this programme going to be opened for this year?? Or are they not doing it anymore? Can't find any A Level internships/work experience on their site..

Sent them an email and they said
'Thank you for your email. I’m afraid we will not be recruiting for the A Level internship directly next year. Many Thanks, Jess'
Original post by Calumjacko
'Thank you for your email. I’m afraid we will not be recruiting for the A Level internship directly next year. Many Thanks, Jess'

Directly?
Reply 91
Original post by Calumjacko

Shame, so there is no opportunity for a economics related internship this summer for year 12s?
Reply 92
Original post by zetapi
Shame, so there is no opportunity for a economics related internship this summer for year 12s?

Is anyone aware of any other organisations offering a similar summer work experience. (Economics not financial institutions like J.P Morgan)
Original post by zetapi
Is anyone aware of any other organisations offering a similar summer work experience. (Economics not financial institutions like J.P Morgan)

No you have to arrange yourself basically by emailing and hope you get lucky or if you have contacts lol. And since it's so hard to get economics ones I doubt anyone will post here :tongue:
Original post by zetapi

I got one at ONS last year - just emailed them and they organised it for me NB: their main office is in Newport, South Wales.
Original post by domaths
I got one at ONS last year - just emailed them and they organised it for me NB: their main office is in Newport, South Wales.

well you proved me wrong then ahah- did you just email their standard contact address? info@ons something?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by azizadil1998
well you proved me wrong then ahah- did you just email their standard contact address? info@ons something?

Can't remember tbh - I think I was looking at one of their reports and it had an email to someone - I got a reply from not the person I emailed though so you can probably email whoever lol
Original post by domaths
Can't remember tbh - I think I was looking at one of their reports and it had an email to someone - I got a reply from not the person I emailed though so you can probably email whoever lol

oh i just emailed them lol, thanks.
Original post by domaths

In which city was it held in?
For how long was the internship?
Did you get paid?

Thanks.
Original post by Fbiemad
In which city was it held in?
For how long was the internship?
Did you get paid?

Thanks.

He said Newport, South Wales. It's not an internship, it's work experience, and for a week (I emailed them to ask, but you can't arrange it privately anymore, you need to get your school to contact them with a form which they give to you).

Quick Reply

Latest