Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend told me he loves me but he's not in love with me Watch

what does this mean?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    What it says in the tin. He supposedly cares for you, but it isnt going any further. Uf you wnat a proper romantic relationship, then you need to look elsewhere or talk to him about where hess sees you heading.

ReputationRep:
    How long have you been together?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    What it says in the tin. He supposedly cares for you, but it isnt going any further. Uf you wnat a proper romantic relationship, then you need to look elsewhere or talk to him about where hess sees you heading.
    Aye,wouldn't want to take the relationship any further myself if he only loved me and wasn't in love. Maybe there's something lacking? Or he just doesn't feel that way/can't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Aye,wouldn't want to take the relationship any further myself if he only loved me and wasn't in love. Maybe there's something lacking? Or he just doesn't feel that way/can't.
    I think it does depend on how long they've been together though? Surely if it's a few weeks then it's too early for any of this anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lambert87)
    I think it does depend on how long they've been together though? Surely if it's a few weeks then it's too early for any of this anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aye,definitely too early but I'm talking after a while

Posted from TSR Mobile
    2 years, we are both happy and get along really well so I was confused as to what he meant by this. You can't make someone love you I know but I really couldn't finish with him, I'd be lost.

How long have you been together?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    2 years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    what does this mean?
    It means he has affection and cares for you however its not at a romantic stage although this may change.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Id it depends how long the relationship has been going. I still find it an odd thing to hear and when ive heard it in the past it has not been a good sign. If it was early on then there could be scope for it to change, but it could also indicate a reluctance for it to be anything more. "I love you like a sister" etc. On a romantic front it means its going nowhere imo, only a few ever change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    It means he has affection and cares for you however its not at a romantic stage although this may change.
    You'd think after two years of being in a relationship it would be at a romantic stage. Imo if my boyfriend of two years said that, the relationship would be over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaswift)
    You'd think after two years of being in a relationship it would be at a romantic stage. Imo if my boyfriend of two years said that, the relationship would be over.
    I don't think it was mentioned in her original post how long they have been together but i do agree if after 2 years then its highly unlikely his feelings will change if it were a few months i would say it could change.

(Original post by georgiaswift)

This is why I'm confused because we do have a romantic relationship but he said he's scared of commitment

ReputationRep:
    He would probably try and save you from dying in a fire but he doesn't wanna flim-flam your zim-zams

or at least that is my interpretation.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.