Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else here going in September to do Maths or Physics?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm thinking of applying to do both of these subjects within the access course this September. Any pointers? My maths is a bit rusty - but I plan on spending the time between now and September to get up to speed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tramparse)
    Hi,

I'm thinking of applying to do both of these subjects within the access course this September. Any pointers? My maths is a bit rusty - but I plan on spending the time between now and September to get up to speed.
    The interview was very informal. Basically just saying this is the course and as long as you're able to do the maths at national 5 you'd be accepted. He did say you would need to show a qualification previously of that level or they would reject as I think both are quite popular.

ReputationRep:
    Is that a previous qualification for both Physics and Maths?

Mind if I ask what your plans are after the access programme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tramparse)
    Is that a previous qualification for both Physics and Maths?

Mind if I ask what your plans are after the access programme?
    No just maths. I was told by the Alec that the physics teacher says as long as you can do national 5 maths you can do the physics course. I have no qualifications in physics, however, I think physics is the route I'll go down. I plan on going to University next year to study physics or theoretical physics.

ReputationRep:
    I have applied. Unfortunately I am not sure how it s gonna end up because English is my first language. They want IELTS from me and I don't have it. I m gonna take one on 30 July but it can be late, bros.

Anyway I like you already.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.