Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

URGENT: I'm really struggling to bump up my revision hours. How is your revision? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have done an hour of Geography today - a couple of pages on 'The Coastal Zone'.

I was hoping to do a full day of revision, in accordance with my timetable; as it is somewhat realistic and should be achievable. However, this morning I had some Spanish listening practice down for 9 a.m. but I woke up around 10.30 a.m. (I just cannot get up in the mornings).

When I do wake up, I don't feel in the right mind to be doing work, resulting in the inevitable procrastinating until 2 p.m., when I might actually start. I use the Internet too much, when I should be using it productively for revision; rather than using my-GCSE-science, say, I would browse Facebook and look at *****y Lad Bible posts. I have tried to incorporate some sort of blocking mechanism into Chrome and attempted to grow trees on Forest (of course they all died).

Revision does end, though, at around 3.20 p.m. (which I learned from today) and it would not recommence at any time thereafter.

How is your revision going?

If you have any advice, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    I have done an hour of Geography today - a couple of pages on 'The Coastal Zone'.

I was hoping to do a full day of revision, in accordance with my timetable; as it is somewhat realistic and should be achievable. However, this morning I had some Spanish listening practice down for 9 a.m. but I woke up around 10.30 a.m. (I just cannot get up in the mornings).

When I do wake up, I don't feel in the right mind to be doing work, resulting in the inevitable procrastinating until 2 p.m., when I might actually start. I use the Internet too much, when I should be using it productively for revision; rather than using my-GCSE-science, say, I would browse Facebook and look at *****y Lad Bible posts. I have tried to incorporate some sort of blocking mechanism into Chrome and attempted to grow trees on Forest (of course they all died).

Revision does end, though, at around 3.20 p.m. (which I learned from today) and it would not recommence at any time thereafter.

Thank you in advance.
    Mines going terrible pretty much just summed up my experience. Only advice I can give is I find myself to be a lot more productive if I go somewhere like a library or coffee shop.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Change your setting and try to have no distractions. What works really well is to have someone take your phone away for an hour. Btw not suggesting my revision is any better because i still get distracted too☺
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster

Thank you in advance.
    Exam is on its way ready or not.

24 hours in a day 8 you can sleep 4 you can eat and relax.

How much for school or you off revising now? Point is if you want to get a good grade and you arent prepared yet then you have to start raising your game and taking it seriouslty, which is totally down to you.

make your timetable flexible and have some relax slots plus free slots to absorb poor days. the timetable is only any good if you follow it by getting roughly the amount of work you planned for done every day.

Go to bed at the right time.
    Proper alarm clock or two
    have breakfast
    Work, just build a routine. rest 20 mins every hour if you need to.
    maybe disconnect the internet or remove wireless or turn off the router. It will distract you

You cna get a good grade if you want it badly enough, there will be plenty of pupils studying hard and getting out of bed on time , then revising who all sit the same exam and ccompete with you. You cna do it if you want and then put in the work.

ReputationRep:

Thank you in advance.
    honestly i'm not getting much done, although i planned to do lots but what do hours matter?
    i wouldn't spend hours on something if i already have gone through it enough
    i much prefer people to spen QUALITY time doing work, not counting hours, because hours can be unproductive so i prefer to count revision in terms of work done

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.