The Student Room Group

What would you do if you partner completely let themselves go?

I'm single myself but I see it all the time. I am in my mid 20s and I see girls (and sometimes guys) who seem to let it all go once they get a partner. And these are young people as well some of whom do this before they even reach 21 but it's almost a given now in the mid 20s. I only wonder what they will be like in their 40s and 50s.

I workout 4 times a week minimum, eat healthy and stay away from smoking, UV, alcohol, late nights etc. and I pledge even when I do get coupled up to keep it up and stay looking nice for the guy. To be honest I feel I would probably only be compatible with someone who is into a healthy lifestyle and values their well being anyway. That being said if I loved the guy I would stay with him but I wouldn't have sex with him if he got obese for instance. And if that makes me a horrible person well I'm sorry but I can't be forced to have sex with someone.

What do you think of people who let themselves go too soon when they have the power to chance it? ( I'm not talking someone who has an accident, ends up in a wheelchair and has to live a sedentary life for example).

Would you stay? Would you give an ultimatum? Do they deserve it they can't be bothered to change and the other person leaves?

Scroll to see replies

probs fart
Original post by Anonymous
I'm single myself but I see it all the time. I am in my mid 20s and I see girls (and sometimes guys) who seem to let it all go once they get a partner. And these are young people as well some of whom do this before they even reach 21 but it's almost a given now in the mid 20s. I only wonder what they will be like in their 40s and 50s.

I workout 4 times a week minimum, eat healthy and stay away from smoking, UV, alcohol, late nights etc. and I pledge even when I do get coupled up to keep it up and stay looking nice for the guy. To be honest I feel I would probably only be compatible with someone who is into a healthy lifestyle and values their well being anyway. That being said if I loved the guy I would stay with him but I wouldn't have sex with him if he got obese for instance. And if that makes me a horrible person well I'm sorry but I can't be forced to have sex with someone.

What do you think of people who let themselves go too soon when they have the power to chance it? ( I'm not talking someone who has an accident, ends up in a wheelchair and has to live a sedentary life for example).

Would you stay? Would you give an ultimatum? Do they deserve it they can't be bothered to change and the other person leaves?

i don't understand do you mean they get fat or something?
Reply 3
Original post by thefatone

They stp trying due to comfort.
Original post by Virgili
They stp trying due to comfort.

comfort food?

but seriously

i see now... right so yea i understand...
You don't drink alcohol, stay away from UV, late nights, unhealthy food... No offence but why would they want to stay with you?? You don't exactly sound fun

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've never seen somebody go from perfectly healthy to obese just 'cause they started ****in a dude....

relationship gut. Suffered it myself when in my last relationship. All gone now then.

Honestly, i wouldntl let it get that far. I would bring it well before. But in order for me not to be attracted to them they would have to go a long way downhill
Reply 8

Yes that is the main way in which people let themselves go getting fat and out of shape.

But there are many other ways as well. For example a woman may get her hair and nails done and dress beautifully to attract a man. And then when she's got him she starts being a slob. A guy may pursue his passions like I don't know kayaking, writing etc. whatever made him interesting and then give it up when he gets into the relationship for example. He might be well groomed to attract women but once he gets one he becomes smelly and hairy. Stuff like that.
Original post by silverbolt
relationship gut. Suffered it myself when in my last relationship. All gone now then.

Honestly, i wouldntl let it get that far. I would bring it well before. But in order for me not to be attracted to them they would have to go a long way downhill

lol makes sense :smile:
Original post by Retired_Messiah
I've never seen somebody go from perfectly healthy to obese just 'cause they started ****in a dude....

You have much to learn, young one.
Yes that is the main way in which people let themselves go getting fat and out of shape.

But there are many other ways as well. For example a woman may get her hair and nails done and dress beautifully to attract a man. And then when she's got him she starts being a slob. A guy may pursue his passions like I don't know kayaking, writing etc. whatever made him interesting and then give it up when he gets into the relationship for example. He might be well groomed to attract women but once he gets one he becomes smelly and hairy. Stuff like that.

oh fair enough, that's just balls, why would you to all the effort to doing that and putting on all this then letting it all go? if you truly love them then you would put that stuff on overload xD
Original post by Lambert87
You don't drink alcohol, stay away from UV, late nights, unhealthy food... No offence but why would they want to stay with you?? You don't exactly sound fun

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh so getting hammered, regular gorging on disgusting junk food, not wearing UV protection and then lying out in the sun until you skin looks like trash are the only ways people have fun? Perhaps for sheep. It's called valuing your health, well being and body which actually feels really good. More people ought to try it.
oh fair enough, that's just balls, why would you to all the effort to doing that and putting on all this then letting it all go? if you truly love them then you would put that stuff on overload xD

Seems to me that a lot of people up the ante to attract someone but once they have 'secured' them they let it all go. And if you protest that they let it go then you are shallow and you never really loved them in the first place etc. etc.
Seems to me that a lot of people up the ante to attract someone but once they have 'secured' them they let it all go. And if you protest that they let it go then you are shallow and you never really loved them in the first place etc. etc.

pretty much
Original post by silverbolt

Yup, that love weight.

How far downhill? Medically overweight? Obese? Morbidly obese? Having a triple chin?
pretty much

You can't love and value someone who doesn't love and value themselves.
I think an ultimatum would be fair.

He should try to (within reason) remain the person that attracted you in the first place.

:wink:
Yup, that love weight.

How far downhill? Medically overweight? Obese? Morbidly obese? Having a triple chin?

They would need to get to the obese phase before I'd stop sleeping with them. So there be plenty of time to try and see why they are letting themselves go that badly
Original post by stefano865
I think an ultimatum would be fair.

He should try to (within reason) remain the person that attracted you in the first place.

:wink:

I agree this is probably what I would do. I would want to stay with them but I would issue an ultimatum and a reasonable deadline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending