Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am an EU student applying for student finance for my first university year, starting next october. I have already completed my application, however the site asks me to provide my National Insurance Number (which i cannot provide, since I am not a UK resident right now). I do not know how to proceed, since I do not have access to this number but I am aware they are not able to make payments to my future university unless it is entered in my application.
    Does anyone know what I should do? thank you
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by MIL668)
    Hello, I am an EU student applying for student finance for my first university year, starting next october. I have already completed my application, however the site asks me to provide my National Insurance Number (which i cannot provide, since I am not a UK resident right now). I do not know how to proceed, since I do not have access to this number but I am aware they are not able to make payments to my future university unless it is entered in my application.
    Does anyone know what I should do? thank you
    Which form have you completed? The online application is for UK residents (or EU students with UK resident status who are eligible for maintenance loans as well as tuition loans).

If you're an EU student who isn't UK resident and is only eligible for a tuition fee loan then you should complete a paper form available here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-f...17/new-student

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Which form have you completed? The online application is for UK residents (or EU students with UK resident status who are eligible for maintenance loans as well as tuition loans).

If you're an EU student who isn't UK resident and is only eligible for a tuition fee loan then you should complete a paper form available here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-f...17/new-student
    I sent online and followed all the instructions, which led me to an online application( it said that you only had to complete the paper application if you isn't have access to the online one) is that right? I mean, I've already submitted my application, all that they are telling me to do now is send proof that I am from the eu and provide my NIN. Thank you
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by MIL668)
    I sent online and followed all the instructions, which led me to an online application( it said that you only had to complete the paper application if you isn't have access to the online one) is that right? I mean, I've already submitted my application, all that they are telling me to do now is send proof that I am from the eu and provide my NIN. Thank you
    The online application is for UK students (or EU students resident in the UK) and is for applying for the maintenance loan as well as the tuition fee loan. See https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-student-finance

If you are an EU student applying for the tuition fee loan only then you MUST complete the paper application linked to above.

If you've applied online then you've completed the wrong form unless you meet the rules for UK residency that make you eligible for a maintenance loan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    The online application is for UK students (or EU students resident in the UK) and is for applying for the maintenance loan as well as the tuition fee loan. See https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-student-finance

If you are an EU student applying for the tuition fee loan only then you MUST complete the paper application linked to above.

If you've applied online then you've completed the wrong form unless you meet the rules for UK residency that make you eligible for a maintenance loan.
    Thank you so much for your help, I will cancel the online application when I get a chance and complete the forms you linked earlier.
    Helpful answer!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.