Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Are humans REALLY the most evolved species on this planet??? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ever looked at some people and thought..Really?....Really?.... this one? this species is the one that is supposed to be at the top?Are you sure?

I'm i being too hash? we are always looking out for number one....me..me...me!..does the human race only see what is only in front of them?

some times i think, there is so much war on this planet but we are spinning at God only knows how fast and falling towards a ball of fire. oh and if that wasn't a big enough problem we are surrounded by other falling rocks that could hit us at any time. not to mention the wholes that we could fall in to, that we cant see.surely we as a species have bigger problem?

thoughts? Oh and if we were to vanish from this planet what species would you like to be the new 'top dog'?

ReputationRep:
    Well you can't generalize the whole human species based on a few dumb people. Maybe we aren't that smart in the grand scene of things but as far as planet Earth, we are the most evolved species. We're basically the only species capable of cognitive thinking, we've climbed to the top of the food chain and even found ways to stop dying/live longer. Now these may not be beneficial to us in the long run, but no other species has accomplished such feats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver_Spider23)
    I'm i being too hash? we are always looking out for number one....me..me...me!..does the human race only see what is only in front of them?
    Looking out for yourself and keeping yourself alive is what generally keeps you alive long enough in order to breed and such, leading to evolution.

It would be strange for a more evolved species to not have any elements of this at all.

ReputationRep:
    i think bees are pretty neat. they have a brilliantly organized social system & each bee does exactly what it is supposed to for the success of the community.
    plus they make delicious honey... what is not to like ?

:bee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver_Spider23)
    Ever looked at some people and thought..Really?....Really?.... this one? this species is the one that is supposed to be at the top?Are you sure?

some times i think, there is so much war on this planet but we are spinning at God only knows how fast and falling towards a ball of fire. oh and if that wasn't a big enough problem we are surrounded by other falling rocks that could hit us at any time. not to mention the wholes that we could fall in to, that we cant see.surely we as a species have bigger problem?

thoughts? Oh and if we were to vanish from this planet what species would you like to be the new 'top dog'?
    The whole concept of one species being 'more evolved' than another one is vacuous. It doesn't really seem to make sense.

ReputationRep:
    1. This is a question of biology, not philosophy.

2. It is a meaningless question of biology; we have evolved to the point required by the laws of biology given caution, just like rats or ecoli. They have gone down their path, we have gone down ours...there is no vslue or aim for evolution to strive to for anything to be more evolved than anything else.

3. Supposedly "deep" questions like this are not philosophy, please google analytic philosophy and read an elementary text such as the Principia Mathematica if you want to learn more.

ReputationRep:
    There's no such thing as "most evolved". That isn't how evolution works.

ReputationRep:
    Man has not evolved but created, in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    Nope, not at all

ReputationRep:
    Here's the wonderful thing about humanity, we get to decide how sophisticated we are, its like we decide the rules of the game we play.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, we are, because we're the only species that has survived the fittest and now can survive while sustaining the "weaker" genetic traits.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Implication)
    The whole concept of one species being 'more evolved' than another one is vacuous. It doesn't really seem to make sense.
    PRSOM

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.