Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    looking for help here can anyone advise me on where to buy a pair of black slip on shoes
    with a budget of £800
    as long as they are a men's 12/13

ReputationRep:
    Have you had a look at Grensons? They're very nice quality shoes...

ReputationRep:
    If you're in London go to a luxury department store like Liberty, Harvey Nichols, Harrods etc. Level of service is amazing (💁) and you'll find what you want.

IIRC, HN sell a pair of black Louboutins for about that price.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellipses)
    Have you had a look at Grensons? They're very nice quality shoes...
    They don't do black slip on, nice shoes though.

ReputationRep:
    OP with £800 you can buy any shoe that's worth having, for about half of that.

http://www.church-footwear.com/uk/en.../A29569SXF0AAB

ReputationRep:
    thanks hezzlington, IFoundWonderland and Ellipses i have found a nice pair of zegna's but i am looking at saks fifth avenue there some good pairs by versace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    thanks hezzlington, IFoundWonderland and Ellipses i have found a nice pair of zegna's but i am looking at saks fifth avenue there some good pairs by versace
    Versace loafers aren't great quality. As a customer put it - you're paying for the fashion, not the comfort. If you want the brand, I'd go for Gucci or McQueen - or Oliver Sweeney.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao are yall mad? £800 for shoes ?!

That's enough for 4 outfits at the least, with enough left over for chicken & chips :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Quixotic-)
    Lmao are yall mad? £800 for shoes ?!

That's enough for 4 outfits at the least, with enough left over for chicken & chips :laugh:
    in the jewellery trade you have to match the merchandise so £800 shoes and £5,000 tuxedos are just part of the job along with daytime drinking, cigar smoking, a coke habit and the biggest saloon car you can find say a merc s500 or maybach s600

(Original post by IFoundWonderland)
    Versace loafers aren't great quality. As a customer put it - you're paying for the fashion, not the comfort. If you want the brand, I'd go for Gucci or McQueen - or Oliver Sweeney.
    i do agree it just matches the suit but i think i might need a replacement so i'll probably shop the whole set in one go

ReputationRep:
    in the jewellery trade you have to match the merchandise so £800 shoes and £5,000 tuxedos are just part of the job along with daytime drinking, cigar smoking, a coke habit and the biggest saloon car you can find say a merc s500 or maybach s600

i do agree it just matches the suit but i think i might need a replacement so i'll probably shop the whole set in one go
    ah ok

stay humble and hustle hard

ReputationRep:

Tuxedo?

Why are you wearing a tuxedo to work?

ReputationRep:
    £800 for a pair of shoes?
    What is going on?
    It has to be a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Tuxedo?

Why are you wearing a tuxedo to work?
    when you are talking big buck jewelery your lookit at £100,000 a piece stuff even at 10% commission that decent for a couple of weeks work
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i have a client looking to buy a diamond eternity bracelet which isn't much i have a couple to choose from but the big part is hein films worked with johnny depp (no its not tim burton)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Quixotic-)
    ah ok

stay humble and hustle hard
    thank you and do the same

ReputationRep:
    when you are talking big buck jewelery your lookit at £100,000 a piece stuff even at 10% commission that decent for a couple of weeks work
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i have a client looking to buy a diamond eternity bracelet which isn't much i have a couple to choose from but the big part is hein films worked with johnny depp (no its not tim burton)
    that doesn't answer the question as to why you need to wear a tuxedo.

Why don't you wear a suit instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    that doesn't answer the question as to why you need to wear a tuxedo.

Why don't you wear a suit instead?
    i could but a tux just cuts through a little more but mostly i wear suits for small fry clients (under £50,000 budget) or just casual clothes if i'm making a cargo run (pick up or drop off for something b2b)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.