Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is going to sound like a stupid question but, can a girl and boy share a tent?

Me and my friend(who is a boy, i am a girl) are in the same group on our DofE expedition, but have no other friends who are also doing it. SO we where wondering is it possible for us to share a tent? we are both 14/15 and have no interest in doing anything with each other as we are just really good friends. We have searched the internet and found no answers and our team leader ( the person setting everything up) is on holiday at the moment so we can not contact him to ask. Please help us as soon as possible because we really need/want to know/
    Thanks so much for you're help - Louise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 15louise16)
    This is going to sound like a stupid question but, can a girl and boy share a tent?

Me and my friend(who is a boy, i am a girl) are in the same group on our DofE expedition, but have no other friends who are also doing it. SO we where wondering is it possible for us to share a tent? we are both 14/15 and have no interest in doing anything with each other as we are just really good friends. We have searched the internet and found no answers and our team leader ( the person setting everything up) is on holiday at the moment so we can not contact him to ask. Please help us as soon as possible because we really need/want to know/
    I went through this with my DofE group; three girls, one guy and he wasn't allowed to share a tent with us, a really nice guy too its not like anything was going on with anyone it just wasn't allowed. I'm sure you can see why, but I think its just the way it works. I'd still ask your team leader to double check but I wouldn't count on it. You can still spend time in each other's tents hanging out but I'm fairly sure sleeping is separate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 15louise16)

hey louise, is it just the 2 of you in one group? even so, i once asked my leader how boys and girls share tents and he says they don't but this girl i know went on an expedition and there was a guy and a girl who i guess fell in love with each other i guess and they shared a tent, i doubt they'll check tho, but mine was all girls so idk if the check
    salma x

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help anyway, i do understand i just think its stupid the way we can't be trusted but oh well, i'm sure we will have a good time any way!Also i will ask my team leader and hope for the best, thank you!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.