Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey I emailed alot of universities today but I'm presuming they will take a while too get back to me so thought I'd ask here!

I have an unconditional offer for an IFY at Brunel in Engineering but feel I may want to go on to study Chem Engineering however Im not sure which ones will consider me. Im also resitting a levels this year which I hope to achieve AAB possibly an A* in Maths if all goes well! I dont have Physics at A-level hence the foundation year! Does anyone know which unis will accept me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomFitness)
    Hey I emailed alot of universities today but I'm presuming they will take a while too get back to me so thought I'd ask here!

I have an unconditional offer for an IFY at Brunel in Engineering but feel I may want to go on to study Chem Engineering however Im not sure which ones will consider me. Im also resitting a levels this year which I hope to achieve AAB possibly an A* in Maths if all goes well! I dont have Physics at A-level hence the foundation year! Does anyone know which unis will accept me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For Chem Eng, I know there are some unis that don't require you to have done physics provided you've done M1 and M2. If you've done maths and chemistry there's not much point in doing a foundation year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodwinning)
    For Chem Eng, I know there are some unis that don't require you to have done physics provided you've done M1 and M2. If you've done maths and chemistry there's not much point in doing a foundation year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I dont have the required grades for direct entry😕 Alot has changed since doing my A-Levels hence why im repeating☺

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There are unis (Aston, Hull etc.) that will accept AAB for direct entry, even more so if you get an A* in maths. Bearing in mind your uni doesn't matter that much in engineering. Obviously that wouldn't be the case if you're set on going to a RG or similar and wouldn't mind an extra year.

If it's Chem eng you want to do, it'd probably be better to do a foundation year at a uni that offers Chem eng, so you could go straight into their programme rather than trying to transfer unis after. Foundation years vary a lot between unis so transferring could be a hassle and also if you do a general foundation year there may not be the required chemistry modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Im in the process of applying to the foundation years at both Nottingham and Cardiff for engineering. Im a mature student and didn't sit A Levels but and I am enrolled on an access course instead. Cardiff has said that they will make an offer but does anyone if offers for foundation programmes are usually unconditional or not?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aqntn)
    Hi,

Im in the process of applying to the foundation years at both Nottingham and Cardiff for engineering. Im a mature student and didn't sit A Levels but and I am enrolled on an access course instead. Cardiff has said that they will make an offer but does anyone if offers for foundation programmes are usually unconditional or not?!
    Conditional providing you achieve the grades of course

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.