Re-sitting GCSE exams if grades aren't what you wanted?

Watch
Kaiylar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I'm in Year 11 and with the upcoming exams, I'm worried that I'm not going to do as well as I wanted to, especially considering my mock results (1A*, 4A and 3B, but there were some subjects/exams that we didn't do).

Do you think that it'd be a good idea to re-sit a few exams to improve your grades and why?
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kaiylar)
Hi, I'm in Year 11 and with the upcoming exams, I'm worried that I'm not going to do as well as I wanted to, especially considering my mock results (1A*, 4A and 3B, but there were some subjects/exams that we didn't do).

Do you think that it'd be a good idea to re-sit a few exams to improve your grades and why?
No, work hard now - you won't have time to do resits in Year 12.

Many unis don't like them.
Kaiylar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
No, work hard now - you won't have time to do resits in Year 12.

Many unis don't like them.
Oh, I thought that it'd be a normal thing to resit. I thought that unis can't see that you've resat exams?
Dysprosium
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh, I thought that it'd be a normal thing to resit. I thought that unis can't see that you've resat exams?
It's normal to resit, in year 12 a lot of people in my 6th form had to resit English Language and unis can see as you state the date but i'm sure most wouldn't mind 1-2 resits.
Kaiylar
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dysprosium)
It's normal to resit, in year 12 a lot of people in my 6th form had to resit English Language and unis can see as you state the date but i'm sure most wouldn't mind 1-2 resits.
What about universities such as Oxbridge?
TheGrammarGuru
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Could you resit subjects like Geography / French?
MiriamSandhu
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't leave what can be done now for another time! YOU CAN DO THIS!
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's rare in my school because you need certain grades to get into the sixth form.

You have to delare ALL results on UCAS including any early entry GCSEs.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 years ago
I agree with the people who are saying work hard now, then see what you get.. You can resit, but you need to think about that later and whenther it will really help you.
You have to declare a complete exam record so they will know you resat and what your previous grades were..
DustToDust
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Only resit maths/English. Anything else is pointless unless you failed EVERYTHING.
Kaiylar
Rep:
?
I guess my only option is to try my best now. Thanks for the advice, everyone. xD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.77%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
13.21%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (8)
15.09%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (6)
11.32%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (21)
39.62%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (9)
16.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed