Turn on thread page Beta

Re-sitting GCSE exams if grades aren't what you wanted? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm in Year 11 and with the upcoming exams, I'm worried that I'm not going to do as well as I wanted to, especially considering my mock results (1A*, 4A and 3B, but there were some subjects/exams that we didn't do).

Do you think that it'd be a good idea to re-sit a few exams to improve your grades and why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaiylar)
    Hi, I'm in Year 11 and with the upcoming exams, I'm worried that I'm not going to do as well as I wanted to, especially considering my mock results (1A*, 4A and 3B, but there were some subjects/exams that we didn't do).

Do you think that it'd be a good idea to re-sit a few exams to improve your grades and why?
    No, work hard now - you won't have time to do resits in Year 12.

Many unis don't like them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttley79)
    No, work hard now - you won't have time to do resits in Year 12.

Many unis don't like them.
    Oh, I thought that it'd be a normal thing to resit. I thought that unis can't see that you've resat exams?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I thought that it'd be a normal thing to resit. I thought that unis can't see that you've resat exams?
    It's normal to resit, in year 12 a lot of people in my 6th form had to resit English Language and unis can see as you state the date but i'm sure most wouldn't mind 1-2 resits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dysprosium)
    It's normal to resit, in year 12 a lot of people in my 6th form had to resit English Language and unis can see as you state the date but i'm sure most wouldn't mind 1-2 resits.
    What about universities such as Oxbridge?

ReputationRep:
    Could you resit subjects like Geography / French?

ReputationRep:
    Don't leave what can be done now for another time! YOU CAN DO THIS!

ReputationRep:
    It's rare in my school because you need certain grades to get into the sixth form.

You have to delare ALL results on UCAS including any early entry GCSEs.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I agree with the people who are saying work hard now, then see what you get.. You can resit, but you need to think about that later and whenther it will really help you.
    You have to declare a complete exam record so they will know you resat and what your previous grades were..

ReputationRep:
    Only resit maths/English. Anything else is pointless unless you failed EVERYTHING.

ReputationRep:
    I guess my only option is to try my best now. Thanks for the advice, everyone. xD

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.