The Student Room Group

What is the point of Summer School?

LSE is offering summer school.. I was just wondering what the point of it is, and if it is worth applying for it?! BTW Im on my first year of A level.
It shows you have a genuine interest in a subject which is hugely important when applying for university. You also get a feel for the course itself so it'll help decide if you really do want to study it for at least another three years.
Original post by Starmock99
LSE is offering summer school.. I was just wondering what the point of it is, and if it is worth applying for it?! BTW Im on my first year of A level.

http://www.skola.co.uk/benefits-of-summer-school.html
Just be careful it's a genuinely productive summer school.

I've seen ones run at Cambridge (not by Cambridge), for example, which are pretty useless and are just there to make money for the hosts.
Yeah i went on a Debate Chamber one and it wasn't really beneficial to me in terms of learning about my subject. I included my attendance on my personal statement and I did get 5 offers though, so maybe if anything it shows your commitment (You know, the fact that you're paying a stupid amount of money to waste a week of your summer holidays)

Quick Reply

Latest