Leeds or Nottingham insurance for maths? Watch

albyedw
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

I am keen on firming bath in the next few days as then i can get onto the application portal as soon as possible. However, I'm a little stuck between Leeds
and Nottingham as my insurance choice.

I think I liked Leeds more, but I'm worried it's not as good as nottingham as Leeds' offer is AAB and Nottingham's is AAA. Is there really much difference between the two unis?

Also, I like the fact you are guaranteed accommodation at Leeds, even if you put it as your insurance.

Thanks for reading, I would really appreciate some advice
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by albyedw)
Hi,

I am keen on firming bath in the next few days as then i can get onto the application portal as soon as possible. However, I'm a little stuck between Leeds
and Nottingham as my insurance choice.

I think I liked Leeds more, but I'm worried it's not as good as nottingham as Leeds' offer is AAB and Nottingham's is AAA. Is there really much difference between the two unis?

Also, I like the fact you are guaranteed accommodation at Leeds, even if you put it as your insurance.

Thanks for reading, I would really appreciate some advice
Very few people end up at their insurance (~8%) usually because people pick an insurance choice that is very close in grades to their firm when in fact most firm choices will have flexibility to take people with lower grades (at least 41% of people accepted onto their firm choice in 2015 missed their predictions by 2 or more grades).

If you like Leeds, it has a lower offer AND it guarantees accommodation for insurance students then it seems like a no-brainer. In reality for Maths an AAB offer is more honest than an AAA offer - maths admissions staff rarely give a **** about grades beyond Maths/FM A levels unless they're under pressure from management to improve their league table position.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1114)
78.9%
Leave (298)
21.1%

Watched Threads