Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am keen on firming bath in the next few days as then i can get onto the application portal as soon as possible. However, I'm a little stuck between Leeds
    and Nottingham as my insurance choice.

I think I liked Leeds more, but I'm worried it's not as good as nottingham as Leeds' offer is AAB and Nottingham's is AAA. Is there really much difference between the two unis?

Also, I like the fact you are guaranteed accommodation at Leeds, even if you put it as your insurance.

Thanks for reading, I would really appreciate some advice
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by albyedw)
    Hi,

I am keen on firming bath in the next few days as then i can get onto the application portal as soon as possible. However, I'm a little stuck between Leeds
    and Nottingham as my insurance choice.

I think I liked Leeds more, but I'm worried it's not as good as nottingham as Leeds' offer is AAB and Nottingham's is AAA. Is there really much difference between the two unis?

Also, I like the fact you are guaranteed accommodation at Leeds, even if you put it as your insurance.

Thanks for reading, I would really appreciate some advice
    Very few people end up at their insurance (~8%) usually because people pick an insurance choice that is very close in grades to their firm when in fact most firm choices will have flexibility to take people with lower grades (at least 41% of people accepted onto their firm choice in 2015 missed their predictions by 2 or more grades).

If you like Leeds, it has a lower offer AND it guarantees accommodation for insurance students then it seems like a no-brainer. In reality for Maths an AAB offer is more honest than an AAA offer - maths admissions staff rarely give a **** about grades beyond Maths/FM A levels unless they're under pressure from management to improve their league table position.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.