Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I think mine is going okay, but I'm not sure if I'm behind or not. I've basically finished making my flashcards for the main subjects and I've made a good plan for this week but it's hard to compare revision progress with friends because we all revise differently.

I am losing the will to live with Geography at the moment, just because there are tons of case studies and they are all mixed up and confused in the useless revision guide. My teacher is also a knob. Also, I have been making flashcards on Cram (on the actual website version) and some of my flash cards for Geog have just disappeared like I never updated the set when I did! I just feel like I'm wasting time.

How is your revision going? My first exam is in 42 days!

ReputationRep:
    Is your first exam Edexcel RE on May 16th???

Btw you have managed to do soo much, you just need to keep it up for another couple of weeks and then think about how happy you will be on results day when you get the grades that you wanted.

ReputationRep:
    My revision has been all over the place so many distractions. I made such a detailed timetable but I can't stick to it at all. On average I revise up to 1-2hrs a day, i've wasted so much time. I've only been revising for B1 i'm still on B1!!! and i'm doing Triple. But ya I don't know what i'm going to do. I haven't revised Geography at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the-future-medic)
    Is your first exam Edexcel RE on May 16th???

Btw you have managed to do soo much, you just need to keep it up for another couple of weeks and then think about how happy you will be on results day when you get the grades that you wanted.
    Yeah, my first exam is Edexcel RE on the 16th My class were gonna do it last year in Year 10 but my teacher pulled us out last minute because we complained that we weren't prepared. We hadn't even learnt the whole course in class..

I'm guessing your'e doing RE too...? And thanks for the words of encouragement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lut0)
    My revision has been all over the place so many distractions. I made such a detailed timetable but I can't stick to it at all. On average I revise up to 1-2hrs a day, i've wasted so much time. I've only been revising for B1 i'm still on B1!!! and i'm doing Triple. But ya I don't know what i'm going to do. I haven't revised Geography at all.
    Are you on AQA for Science? I do triple too, I'm actually doing Chem and Bio next year (yay). I'm confident on Science because I've made flashcards for every spec point.

ReputationRep:
    Down the drain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lut0)
    Alot of the theory from B1 is on the spec. only a few bits (advantages/disadvantages) stuff is in cgp revision guides. i found b1 much easier to revise from, just revise from the spec. I did it in a day and i can still recall alot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romansholiday)
    Are you on AQA for Science? I do triple too, I'm actually doing Chem and Bio next year (yay). I'm confident on Science because I've made flashcards for every spec point.
    Hmm, when you do flashcards, do you do questions at the back by any chance? Though it seems late, I plan on using them but don't really know if you should have a question on the back or just have all the info on the back and front

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romansholiday)
    Yeah, my first exam is Edexcel RE on the 16th My class were gonna do it last year in Year 10 but my teacher pulled us out last minute because we complained that we weren't prepared. We hadn't even learnt the whole course in class..

I'm guessing your'e doing RE too...? And thanks for the words of encouragement.
    Yes i am and its okay.
    I don't get why teachers do that especially when they know that the class haven't even finished the course. Just putting stress on people for no reason. But you will do just fine

ReputationRep:
    You seem to be doing wel! I have done 2 history topics, 2 RE topics, consolidated the core sciences and have done about 5 science topics, I am hoping to finish additional science by the end of this week so I have plenty of time to revise the 7's. I have done a few practise tests and also have almost competed my exam sketchbook for art, I am very please with the progress I've made! It's so soon until my first exam and I'm starting to get anxious now...

ReputationRep:
    I made a timetable... I've sort of stuck to it. It's all so hard to revise though - like so much information I have to learn. I feel kinda confident but I get distracted so much and right now I'm so sick of revision. English lit revision is a nightmare :/ it's not as organised as i wanted but at least i'm revising stuff

ReputationRep:
    I thought you guys might relate to this

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.