The Student Room Group

USA or UK which is a better option for an international ?

Hello everybody, I want to study either in USA or UK computer science, but I am not sure what are the pros and cons of each of the options. I know that degrees are more expensive in USA, but I heard that educational system is better and more practical. As an international is harder to integrate in a foreign country , but I've read some statistics according to which discrimination is lower in USA toward other nationalities. I also have to take the SAT which seems pretty hard. Which do you think is a better option and what are the pros and cons ? Thank you very much for your patience to read this.
Original post by ahmshere
Hello everybody, I want to study either in USA or UK computer science, but I am not sure what are the pros and cons of each of the options. I know that degrees are more expensive in USA, but I heard that educational system is better and more practical. As an international is harder to integrate in a foreign country , but I've read some statistics according to which discrimination is lower in USA toward other nationalities. I also have to take the SAT which seems pretty hard. Which do you think is a better option and what are the pros and cons ? Thank you very much for your patience to read this.

You have heard it right. Yes the degrees in US are expensive but from recognition point of view colleges/universities in US top the charts. You can get a rough idea about them from the link given here http://www.greatvaluecolleges.net/affordable/computer-science-engineering/. About SAT, there is no choice, you’ll have to appear for it if you are targeting top end universities. You might get a SAT waiver if you consider a moderate college, however even then it is advisable to take SAT cause it will strengthen your profile and shows you are competitive. It will help you in qualifying for scholarships too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending