The Student Room Group

How often do you remember the bullying that happened in school?

I left school years ago but I still remember the bullying everyday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
people were too scared to bully me when i was in school because my big brother was too scary and they thought he'd beat them up :colone:
Reply 2
Original post by davidguettafan
I left school years ago but I still remember the bullying everyday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same

Posted from TSR Mobile
In primary school I remember when kids would hide my lunchbox in the bin everyday so I'd be late for lunch and have to sit on my own. Bullying was quite common where I went so the teachers did nothing about it and just recommended for my parents to start letting me have school dinners only.

I never actually realised it was bullying back then and now whenever I see one of those girls, I still get a bit scared
Original post by QuibblerWaffle
In primary school I remember when kids would hide my lunchbox in the bin everyday so I'd be late for lunch and have to sit on my own. Bullying was quite common where I went so the teachers did nothing about it and just recommended for my parents to start letting me have school dinners only.

I never actually realised it was bullying back then and now whenever I see one of those girls, I still get a bit scared

Children are vicious :closedeyes:
Everyday tbh

And it wasn't the typical verbal/physical abuse. It was emotional torture, with snide remarks about my work and my looks, coming from the very people I called 'friends'
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Children are vicious :closedeyes:

Such meanies:frown:
They made me have 'the lurgies' everyday so everyone would run away and not play with me, it sounds so stupid now but back then it made me cry so much
Original post by QuibblerWaffle
Such meanies:frown:
They made me have 'the lurgies' everyday so everyone would run away and not play with me, it sounds so stupid now but back then it made me cry so much

I can absolutely relate. When I was younger, I was super chubby. Playing "It" was a nightmare. Or any game, in fact.

Do you ever just find yourself getting really overwhelmed and emotional for the suffering of your younger self?
I can absolutely relate. When I was younger, I was super chubby. Playing "It" was a nightmare. Or any game, in fact.

Do you ever just find yourself getting really overwhelmed and emotional for the suffering of your younger self?

I try not to think about it otherwise I'll end up having those as my only childhood memories which would make me feel extremely depressed (I try to think of the good things back then like bob the builder, ben 10, bratz, exams that I didn't need to stress over etc:lol:)
Unfortunately, i was a bully once, but i didn't bully everyone, it was one person and it was really mild bullying, none to the extent of yours.
It's sad cause he was a good guy, I don't know what made me do it.
Glad i still know him today and I'm on good terms with him, he doesn't seem bothered about it, I did apologise too but I hope it's nothing life scarring

Yes, I do :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wasn't really bullied at all in primary school, everyone was pretty nice most of the time.

Only problem with this was that it didn't prepare me at all for secondary, where I was bullied mercilessly from years 7-9, a little in year 10, and now I'm coming to the end of year 11 and it's basically non existant at this point, only thing that happens is this chavvy kid who is a dickhead to a ton of people ocassionally says some terrible insult or pushes me when I walk past him.

I mean, nobody really likes him and he's probably got a terrible life at home, and I'm not really bothered by it so I just avoid him.
(edited 8 years ago)
I didn't get bullied a ton in high school, I was pretty sensitive which made it worse, I very rarely think about it at all tbh
It usdd to get to me a lot, but now only when I'm feeling low or my self esteem and confidence levels drop.
I wasn't really bullied in school.
I'm now in my second year of college and the bullying is really bad. I think about it everyday because it's so bad and it's still happening!
Reply 15
I got bullied in comp. I was doing Engineering and we had to go to the local college to do it. It depressed me at the time, especially since most of the boys were rugby lads and I didn't really fit in. It don't bother me any more and it taught me to grow thicker skin.
Well considering I was bullied everyday from about Year 2 to around Year 9, it's pretty vivid. I still see it even now in my sixth form - it's disgusting.
Now and then I'll think of a memory of those days, but I try not to dwell on it.

Rather than being physically bullied, I was made to feel uncomfortable and as though being myself was never good enough by those bitches I considered my best friends.

I am very happy to say that those girls are no longer in my life.
Thanks, yeah it doesn't bother me at all now, in year 10 it was kinda bad and I considered like fighting this kid or something but eventually realized that it was stupid and not worth it, now I rarely see him and he rarely does anything, and he's leaving in a couple months anyway.

The worst part tbh is that a few times earlier on in secondary I tried telling a teacher, but nothing happened because they'd just do it when a teacher wasn't looking :frown:

One time, when I was a fragile year 7 and had been used to a small class in secondary school where (for the most part) everyone got on and was nice to each other, I was bullied a bit by someone a couple years above me, I told my head of house and she asked me to come to her office at lunch to make a statement about it. I came like 5 minutes late because I was in year 7 and terribly organized, and she got really angry at me and made me feel like ****, which, after being properly bullied for like the first time ever, was really not what I needed :frown:
I wouldn't say I got bullied but I did get picked on during high school. Pretty much almost everyday someone would say something/make fun of my height, name, appearance, ethnicity etc. The worst thing was that my friends didn't even help me or do anything to make me feel better. Somehow I managed to survive 5 years in that place.

Now that I'm in college I feel much more happier and relived that I don't have to face those people anymore. Majority of the people in college tend to mind their own business and won't bother you.

It's ridiculous how low and pathetic some people can be smh

Quick Reply

Latest