The Student Room Group

Work hard on your GCSE's! It pays off!

When I was in school I thought GCSE's were not very important. Once I left school 3 years ago I realized how crucial Maths, Science and English are for later life. I was not the best in school in fact I was predicted E's in most of my subjects I am not sure but I just did not understand the whole GCSE structure at my school. I got various GCSE's in pointless subjects as I call them RE, Food Tech etc.

I failed my Maths, English Science. Then I decided to revise, work really hard and I passed all 3 with a grade C after leaving school (an achievement for me). I am now studying a course at University that I have always wanted to do from this hard work called 'revision'.

The moral of this forum is to basically say work hard GCSE's will save you in later life especially the main 3.

Good luck on the upcoming exams you can do it :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by urbanlocations
When I was in school I thought GCSE's were not very important. Once I leaved school 3 years ago I realized how crucial Maths, Science and English are for later life. I was not the best in school in fact I was predicted E's in most of my subjects I am not sure but I just did not understand the whole GCSE structure at my school. I got various GCSE's in pointless subjects as I call them RE, Food Tech etc.

I failed my Maths, English Science. Then I decided to revise, work really hard and I passed all 3 with a grade C after leaving school (an achievement for me). I am now studying a course at University that I have always wanted to do from this hard work called 'revision'.

The moral of this forum is to basically say work hard GCSE's will save you in later life especially the main 3.

Good luck on the upcoming exams you can do it :smile:

Well done to you and thanks :smile:
Reply 2
Well said.
Preach it, looking back I wish I tried harder especially for English and maths as they are crucial, nonetheless, I did pass those.
Original post by Blackstarr
Preach it, looking back I wish I tried harder especially for English and maths as they are crucial, nonetheless, I did pass those.

Yeah that's how I feel!
Original post by M14B
Well said.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest