Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

My name is Youness, I am 28 years old from Morocco and living in France since 2010. I graduated with a master's degree in international purchasing management in 2013, and I still can't find a job in this field. I want your honest opinion on what I'm about to ask and I'll try to be brief

After 3 years of job search, I had enough time to reflect on my life and really think. I know in my heart that I want to study film, theater and performing arts: I've always been passionate about arts especially cinema! I know that this change is not exactly "logical" which sucks but I would really like to have the Opportunity to study something I love for once (or maybe it's too late ??). I know that I'm a foreigner living in France and that I have to renew my residency every year, but I want to know whether you think it's crazy to start over at my age??

They say that if you do what you love, you'll never have to work a day in your life. I really really want that !!

Please be nice thanks everyone for taking the time Cheers and CARPE DIEM?

ReputationRep:
    Realistically though, will studying performing arts add much to your CV even if you do enjoy it? You can study it in your free time.

As far as I'm aware, in France it's not easy to get a job in a field not directly related to what you studied. In the UK, it's different and employers realise that what you chose to study at a younger age doesn't mean you have to only work in international purchasing. So if I were you I'd move from France (who are known to be a bit prejudice against Moroccans anyway?) and try in another country. You speak English, so your options are wider.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justag)
    Realistically though, will studying performing arts add much to your CV even if you do enjoy it? You can study it in your free time.

As far as I'm aware, in France it's not easy to get a job in a field not directly related to what you studied. In the UK, it's different and employers realise that what you chose to study at a younger age doesn't mean you have to only work in international purchasing. So if I were you I'd move from France (who are known to be a bit prejudice against Moroccans anyway?) and try in another country. You speak English, so your options are wider.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the reply
    That would be the dream !! I don't know how to do it but I really want to move from France (my English is so much better than my French) ! and yes, they are a bit prejudicial !! Do you have any tips or advice on how to move to the UK or USA? Do I need to find a job before I apply for a visa? Because I know I can't afford to go to uni without a job .. and living in the UK is probably my number 1 dream !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.