Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to apply to medicine or neuroscience for my uni choices, but I am currently doing 5 subjects and my school wants me to drop to four for my A2.
    I am doing Pre-U Physics, Pre-U Chemistry, CIE IAL biology and double OCR maths. What would be an ideal subject to drop for A2? I am also doing AEA and STEP 1 on the side.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Further Maths.

ReputationRep:
    I can't imagine Physics having anything to do with Medicine or Neuroscience so I'd say Physics

ReputationRep:
    As I am doing Pre-U physics and it is a linear course with prediction after AS, so I thought I might just as well carry on. Also I thought that I can just do few more modules by myself as I am doing 7 modules for AS and just drop math.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    five subjects at as and step on the side? Mate you need to calm down.

anyway i'd just drop what you find hardest for those subjects; presumably if you have biology any three of those would get you in. I'm just making an educated guess though.

ReputationRep:
    Drop either maths or physics. Chemistry and biology are the most important. There's no need to do further maths or step. Unless you're really good at it and you find it easy it's a waste of your time. Step especially, since it's only useful for people wanting to do maths related courses at uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.