Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My dilemma is that I'm currently studying history, geography, economics and Spanish. I definitely want to do politics/and international relations (whether it be joint or on its own). If I study it on it's own, I'd apply to Cambridge, LSE, Kings, Durham and Bristol- Obviously great universities. However part of me wants to study it with economics but that would mean I couldn't apply to such universities due to my lack of maths.
    So, do you think for career prospects etc it'd be worth doing politics at a top university or politics and economics and the good but lower down the league table Russell groups?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sseg97)
    My dilemma is that I'm currently studying history, geography, economics and Spanish. I definitely want to do politics/and international relations (whether it be joint or on its own). If I study it on it's own, I'd apply to Cambridge, LSE, Kings, Durham and Bristol- Obviously great universities. However part of me wants to study it with economics but that would mean I couldn't apply to such universities due to my lack of maths.
    So, do you think for career prospects etc it'd be worth doing politics at a top university or politics and economics and the good but lower down the league table Russell groups?
    I think its best if you study what you want to study, as you will be spending a lot of time doing this. I study a combined honours course and wouldn't change it at all. I love both my subjects equally. I would suggest you look into the Flexible Combined Honours course at Exeter, as it would suit your preferences as some examples of what you could take are International Relations and Economics, or Politics and Economics. And I wouldn't call Exeter a lower down the league RG university. Lovely campus too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sseg97)
    At the end of the day the university you go too matters far less than work experience and soft skills when it comes to career prospects.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.