The Student Room Group

Is anyone else struggling to retain all the information?

Is it just me?
I've got notes, mindmaps, and tried flashcards etc. but I can't seem to remember any of the information or take any of it in?
Especially for things such as history - I'm just finding it really hard to remember all the necessary information? :frown:
Anyone else?
Original post by surina16
Is it just me?
I've got notes, mindmaps, and tried flashcards etc. but I can't seem to remember any of the information or take any of it in?
Especially for things such as history - I'm just finding it really hard to remember all the necessary information? :frown:
Anyone else?

no, philosophy is quite difficult and you have tons to remember if you want to write a good essay, i seem to have quite vivid memory of learning some things so when i come back to recall it, my mind just to that moment i learnt that stuff and i can answer questions.. don't know if this is just me... :colonhash:
Reply 2
Is it just me?
Anyone else?

Try saying your notes outloud, without looking.
Reply 3
Is it just me?
Anyone else?

I didn't have any of that stuff to depend on and I managed to remember it all for GCSE, I guess it depends who you are.
Reply 4
As soon as I realised you only need a surprisingly low % to actually pass exams I only ever learnt half the syllabus.
Is it just me?
Anyone else?

For core science, I'd write all the info on flashcards and then walk around the whole house reading the info out loud. When it came to the exam I could almost remember the info as it was on the flashcard. I guess its cuz I used to say it in a rhythm which helped me remember it in the exam.
Is it just me?
Anyone else?

Record your notes (Say them out loud) and play it every night. Trust me......you will remember everything. Also test yourself by doing past papers to see how much you know.
do you make your flashcards from the spec or revision guide

Quick Reply

Latest