Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, recently got my dates for PRTC and BRTC.

Would anyone that has recently done their PRTC give me any tips and information that you think is important.

If anyone could explain the functional skills and fitness tests in more detail that would be appreciated.

New to TSR so sorry if I've done anything wrong lol.

Sam

ReputationRep:
    Hi swiftman23,
    I've recently been on PRTC in recent weeks so I believe I can help 👍 General tips for PRTC are pretty self explanatory really I.e. Just be polite and don't act like a prat. This is most useful when in the gym with the PTI's as you will know full well if you have p***** them off. The only other thing to note is don't be that person who is speaking outside of the barrack block when silence is required as the Cpl's will get laid into by their seniors and you'll definetly know about it haha 😂

Regarding the fitness test and FS exams, They are both pretty self explanatory. For the FS exams you are NOT required to sit them if you hold the relevant alternative qualifications. You should have received a list of qualifications that are accepted on paperwork for PRTC, so if you do have these then make sure to take your original certificates with you as evidence.

The RAFFT is relatively simple to pass provided you have put in the effort beforehand.
    It consists of the Bleep test, press ups and sit-ups. You will only have to attain the pass mark for each part of the fitness test and the PTI's will stop you there and then so nothing more or nothing less is required. In the fitness test you will have more than enough rest time between each part so you should, provided you've put in the work, find it quite easy. Saying that I believe that on my PRTC there were roughly 10 that failed at least one part of the RAFFT so don't take it lightly.

Hope this helps and if you have any more questions then don't hesitate to fire them my way!

SouthernAirman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SouthernAirman)
    Hi swiftman23,
    I've recently been on PRTC in recent weeks so I believe I can help 👍 General tips for PRTC are pretty self explanatory really I.e. Just be polite and don't act like a prat. This is most useful when in the gym with the PTI's as you will know full well if you have p***** them off. The only other thing to note is don't be that person who is speaking outside of the barrack block when silence is required as the Cpl's will get laid into by their seniors and you'll definetly know about it haha 😂

Regarding the fitness test and FS exams, They are both pretty self explanatory. For the FS exams you are NOT required to sit them if you hold the relevant alternative qualifications. You should have received a list of qualifications that are accepted on paperwork for PRTC, so if you do have these then make sure to take your original certificates with you as evidence.

The RAFFT is relatively simple to pass provided you have put in the effort beforehand.
    It consists of the Bleep test, press ups and sit-ups. You will only have to attain the pass mark for each part of the fitness test and the PTI's will stop you there and then so nothing more or nothing less is required. In the fitness test you will have more than enough rest time between each part so you should, provided you've put in the work, find it quite easy. Saying that I believe that on my PRTC there were roughly 10 that failed at least one part of the RAFFT so don't take it lightly.

Hope this helps and if you have any more questions then don't hesitate to fire them my way!

SouthernAirman
    Thanks for the reply mate that's helped a lot!!

Another question if you don't mind, if you fail any of the tests is that game over? Or will you get another chance?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Regarding the FS exams, if you happen to fail them then you will be required to travel up to Halton a few days before your BRTC is to start and take part in remedial lessons and then you are given another chance at passing them. I believe with the fitness test you are given the opportunity to return to Halton roughly 4-6 weeks after your PRTC in order to retake the fitness test if you do happen to fail.

If I'm honest though as long as you think positive and have the right attitude then you will pass each part of PRTC without a fuss. Good luck for your PRTC and if you have any questions in the future regarding BRTC then don't hesitate to contact me as I begin at Halton soon 😀

SouthernAirman

ReputationRep:
    Regarding the FS exams, if you happen to fail them then you will be required to travel up to Halton a few days before your BRTC is to start and take part in remedial lessons and then you are given another chance at passing them. I believe with the fitness test you are given the opportunity to return to Halton roughly 4-6 weeks after your PRTC in order to retake the fitness test if you do happen to fail.

If I'm honest though as long as you think positive and have the right attitude then you will pass each part of PRTC without a fuss. Good luck for your PRTC and if you have any questions in the future regarding BRTC then don't hesitate to contact me as I begin at Halton soon 😀

SouthernAirman
    Thanks for your help mate👍🏼

All the best with your new career, what trade are you going in to do?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going in for Intelligence Analyst buddy. How's about yourself ?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going in for Intelligence Analyst buddy. How's about yourself ?
    Nice! I'm going for Electrician mate.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there
    My daughter has just applied for Int A. (last Thursday). She heard today that her AST is two weeks today and so she is busy preparing for this. Having been through the process yourself, how have you found it??? How soon did everything happen for you from sending off your application to where you are at now? She is very excited but fortunately quite grounded. The only obstacle is her run is slightly short of the time required. We are hoping her fitness test wont take place until September as we are out of the country for all of August. As a parent I am finding this website extremely useful and so any information you can offer, will be greatly received. I hope you dont mind me asking. Regards. Jo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joanne1995)
    Hi there
    My daughter has just applied for Int A. (last Thursday). She heard today that her AST is two weeks today and so she is busy preparing for this. Having been through the process yourself, how have you found it??? How soon did everything happen for you from sending off your application to where you are at now? She is very excited but fortunately quite grounded. The only obstacle is her run is slightly short of the time required. We are hoping her fitness test wont take place until September as we are out of the country for all of August. As a parent I am finding this website extremely useful and so any information you can offer, will be greatly received. I hope you dont mind me asking. Regards. Jo
    Get her to read through the threads on here - there are lots, but between them they cover everything in detail - and tell her that that's valuable prep for being an analyst. She'll have to get used to reading through lots of information and picking out the important bits!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.